RE: [RLC-Discuss] FW: YouTube Debate

  • michael franks
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 7, 2007

      Good idea, if all the LP and Ron followers who are not normal Republican party voters or workers would now come on board, get involved in the REPUBLICAN party...it could virtualy take over the Republican party at the grass roots level!!!    If the LP in Texas alone for example would ALL just start showing up at republican party events, getting involved, etc. they could almost all be delegates and virtually take over the republican party.   it doesn't take THAT many people to really take over a party at the pct, county, and state level!!!!

      can you IMAGINE...if alllll these people HAD been doing that already?  my gosh...Ron would have MANY in "offical" party and grass roots Republican party leadership on board and in positions to help influence and guide and direct.     Ron's campaign should be used to get many into the fold and together with the RLC.   great things could happen as a result.

      Michael

      From:  "Jeff Palmer" <jap1@...>
      To:  <RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com>,"RLC-Discuss" <RLC-Discuss@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject:  [RLC-Discuss] FW: YouTube Debate
      Date:  Wed, 8 Aug 2007 00:43:32 -0400

      >We've talked about the great opportunity the Ron Paul campaign offers the
      >RLC for attracting new members.  Further, we've talked about the tremendous
      >benefit the RLC can be to Ron's mission by helping to mobilize his troops
      >and *sustaining* their efforts even beyond the election.
      >
      >I am seeing innumerable RLCers integrally involved in the Ron Paul campaign
      >and posting frequently to the Ron Paul YahooGroups.  However, they are
      >rarely identified as RLC members.  Every such posting is a missed
      >opportunity to advertise the RLC as well as to emphasize the contribution
      >being made by the RLC to Ron's campaign.
      >
      >May I suggest that all other RLCers adopt a sig line something along the
      >lines of mine below for use when posting to Ron Paul egroups?
      >
      >Jeff Palmer
      >Republican Liberty Caucus - www.rlc.org
      >"Pursuing libertarianism within the GOP since 1990"
      >  * * *
      >Quote of the Week:  �The Republican Liberty Caucus does the real work of
      >advancing limited government; you don't just talk about it...  What you do
      >really makes a difference.� � Haley Barbour, RNC Chairman

      >Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      >4:06 PM
      >

      >   This eGroup is sponsored by the Republican Liberty Caucus, which is not responsible for the content of posts nor the views of any participants. Discussion of issues, tactics and campaigns in pursuit of liberty within the Republican Party are welcome. Solicitations, insulting or abusive language and personal chats are not welcome.
      >Send notice of violations to: Secretary@...
      >Yahoo! Groups Links

      ><*> Your email settings:
      >     Individual Email | Traditional
      >
      ><*> To change settings online go to:
      >     (Yahoo! ID required)
      >
      ><*> To change settings via email:
      >     mailto:RLC-Discuss-digest@yahoogroups.com
      >     mailto:RLC-Discuss-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      >     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Philip Blumel
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 8, 2007
        Great idea. Also, we should attend our local Ron Paul Meetups and
        bring RLC brochures, membership apps and change of registration
        forms. It's easy! -pb

        --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Palmer" <jap1@...> wrote:

        > We've talked about the great opportunity the Ron Paul campaign
        offers the
        > RLC for attracting new members. Further, we've talked about the
        tremendous
        > benefit the RLC can be to Ron's mission by helping to mobilize his
        troops
        > and *sustaining* their efforts even beyond the election.
        >
        > I am seeing innumerable RLCers integrally involved in the Ron Paul
        campaign
        > and posting frequently to the Ron Paul YahooGroups. However, they
        are
        > rarely identified as RLC members. Every such posting is a missed
        > opportunity to advertise the RLC as well as to emphasize the
        contribution
        > being made by the RLC to Ron's campaign.
        >
        > May I suggest that all other RLCers adopt a sig line something
        along the
        > lines of mine below for use when posting to Ron Paul egroups?
        >
        > Jeff Palmer
        > Republican Liberty Caucus - www.rlc.org
        > "Pursuing libertarianism within the GOP since 1990"
        > * * *
        > Quote of the Week: "The Republican Liberty Caucus does the real
        work of
        > advancing limited government; you don't just talk about it...
        What you do
        > really makes a difference." — Haley Barbour, RNC Chairman

        > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        8/7/2007
        > 4:06 PM

      • Steven Burden
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 8, 2007
          Jeff,

          For non-excom members this is a great idea.

          Those on the excoms, either state for national might have a bit of a
          problem. I, for example, am the Vice Chair of the RLCFL. I am also a
          big supporter of Ron Paul. I do not, however, feel comfortable
          expressing my association with the RLC when participating in Ron Paul
          activites.

          Once--or if--the RLC endorses RP, then I won't have a problem. But
          until then, I can't do it...

          How does everyone else feel about this issue?

          --Steve

          --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Palmer" <jap1@...> wrote:

          > We've talked about the great opportunity the Ron Paul campaign
          offers the
          > RLC for attracting new members. Further, we've talked about the
          tremendous
          > benefit the RLC can be to Ron's mission by helping to mobilize his
          troops
          > and *sustaining* their efforts even beyond the election.
          >
          > I am seeing innumerable RLCers integrally involved in the Ron Paul
          campaign
          > and posting frequently to the Ron Paul YahooGroups. However, they
          are
          > rarely identified as RLC members. Every such posting is a missed
          > opportunity to advertise the RLC as well as to emphasize the
          contribution
          > being made by the RLC to Ron's campaign.
          >
          > May I suggest that all other RLCers adopt a sig line something
          along the
          > lines of mine below for use when posting to Ron Paul egroups?
          >
          > Jeff Palmer
          > Republican Liberty Caucus - www.rlc.org
          > "Pursuing libertarianism within the GOP since 1990"
          > * * *
          > Quote of the Week: "The Republican Liberty Caucus does the real
          work of
          > advancing limited government; you don't just talk about it... What
          you do
          > really makes a difference." — Haley Barbour, RNC Chairman

          > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          8/7/2007
          > 4:06 PM

        • David Baumgardner
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 9, 2007
            Jeff and Steve,

            You make excellent points regarding members posting their RLC membership on
            Ron Paul groups and blogs. However, shouldn't the state organizations get
            together and decide on an endorsement prior to the primaries? It would be
            good to go into the the primaries as a unified body. I know many Democrats
            and independants who keep asking who is Ron Paul? People in general are
            sick of the "politics as usual" stance of the mainstream Democrats and
            Republicans. Lets stand as a group and show the Republican Party that Ron
            Paul is our choice for the nomination.

            David P. Baumgardner
            WI Republican Liberty Caucus

            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 9, 2007
              Posted by: "Steven Burden" sjburden@...
              > ... Those on the excoms, either state for national might
              > have a bit of a problem.

              I don't think Jeff is suggesting using RLC *titles* on the
              sig line, only adding a plug. It can't hurt to add:
              [Republican Liberty Caucus www.RLC.org]

              But, I won't be signing any Ron Paul advocacy with
              my RLC title ... at least until there's an official RLC
              endorsement. I suspect that is not likely until later
              in the year, when the field "shakes out" and people
              have a better feel for "viability and credibility".

              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 9, 2007
                But, I won't be signing any Ron Paul advocacy with my RLC title ... at least until there's an official RLC endorsement. I suspect that is not likely until later in the year, when the field "shakes out" and people have a better feel for "viability and credibility". -- Bill

                And, talking about "viability and credibility," I still think it's a mistake not to endorse Ron Paul right now. What the heck good is endorsing anyone after he's lost the nomination for GOP Presidential Candidate? If Ron Paul was a shoo-in, he wouldn't need our endorsement! I have to wonder about the RLC's "viability and credibility" if we're just waiting for a sure winner to endorse. But that's just me. I guess I don't understand the endorsement process.

                Unfortunately, I don't think the Minnesota ExCom will come together to endorse Ron Paul anyway. I don't know what's up with them, but the last time I discussed it with them, I got a pretty cold shoulder on endorsing Paul. I really don't see any other candidate to pin our hopes on, so whatever they're thinking is mind boggling to me.

              • Philip Blumel
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 9, 2007
                  Doug, it's frustrating, but please don't sweat it.

                  I just received a request from the Miami Ron Paul Meetup for 50 RLC
                  brochures to distribute at the next Meetup there. I personally bring
                  them to the Palm Beach and Broward (Fort Lauderdale area) Meetups. I
                  also now sign all my Ron email with an RLC sig and we even have Ron-
                  oriented stories on our state website.

                  We don't need an endorsement to market the RLC to the Ron Paul
                  brigades. Seeing us in the trenches with them is the most effective
                  endorsement we have to offer.

                  --pb

                  --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, DGHarrison <DGHarrison@...> wrote:

                  > But, I won't be signing any Ron Paul advocacy with my RLC
                  title ...
                  > at least until there's an official RLC endorsement. I suspect
                  that
                  > is not likely until later in the year, when the field "shakes
                  out"
                  > and people have a better feel for "viability and
                  credibility". -- Bill

                  > And, talking about "viability and credibility," I still think it's
                  > mistake not to endorse Ron Paul right now. What the heck good is
                  > endorsing anyone after he's lost the nomination for GOP
                  Presidential
                  > Candidate? If Ron Paul was a shoo-in, he wouldn't need our
                  endorsement!
                  > I have to wonder about the RLC's "viability and credibility" if
                  we're
                  > just waiting for a sure winner to endorse. But that's just me. I
                  guess I
                  > don't understand the endorsement process.
                  >
                  > Unfortunately, I don't think the Minnesota ExCom will come
                  together to
                  > endorse Ron Paul anyway. I don't know what's up with them, but the
                  last
                  > time I discussed it with them, I got a pretty cold shoulder on
                  endorsing
                  > Paul. I really don't see any other candidate to pin our hopes on,
                  so
                  > whatever they're thinking is mind boggling to me.
                  >
                  > Doug Harrison
                  > Minnesota
                  >

                  > --- http://USFamily.Net/dialup.html - $8.25/mo! --
                  http://www.usfamily.net/dsl.html - $19.99/mo! ---

                • Steven Burden
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 10, 2007
                    Bill,

                    Maybe I am 'old fashioned', but for some reason it just
                    doesn't 'feel' right to me. It is nothing that should prevent anyone
                    else from doing what they feel is right. As an "officer" of the FL
                    RLC what I do seems to me to reflect on the organization--even if no
                    one else but me knows it. Stupid, I know.

                    Even at the YRNC, I could not hand out Ron Paul Flyers as I 'knew'
                    everyone had seen me manning the RLC table.

                    Everyone else can do what is right for them. I will be 1000% behind
                    RP all the way.

                    --Steve

                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 10, 2007
                      Even at the YRNC, I could not hand out Ron Paul Flyers as I 'knew' everyone had seen me manning the RLC table. -- Steve

                      I understand your point, as in not wanting to give the appearance of impropriety. All this integrity among RLCers, and look what we've got in the neo-con camp -- a Mitt Romney campaign staffer in Iowa running the Straw Poll as chief voting judge. I guess they don't see that as an appearance of impropriety; hell, it's a a major conflict of interest. So far, the mainstream media is still asleep at the switch, and will probably remain so even when the RINOs pull off the Great Iowa Ballot Box Switch.

                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 11, 2007
                        Posted by: "Steven Burden" steve@...
                        > ... Even at the YRNC, I could not hand out Ron Paul Flyers ...

                            Of course, use your own judgment, but don't make
                        yourself a slave to other people's false impressions.
                        Maybe they've seen you at a local restaurant and jump
                        to the conclusion that Ron Paul must endorse that
                        restaurant ... or the restaurant endorsed Paul. Silly,
                        but no moreso than assuming an RLC endorsement
                        because you work for both the RLC and Ron Paul.

                            The issue is intentional misrepresentation. If you
                        write a letter to the editor endorsing Ron and use
                        your RLC title as a sig, that is clearly intended to
                        suggest that yours is an official statement of the
                        RLC ... that you are acting on behalf of the org.
                        But simply signing your name is not.

                            I'll grant that the "sig line" title can be taken as a
                        statement of your affiliation, leaving an implication
                        of an official statement. For example, if I signed
                        personal statements of my opinion with the title
                        "Founder of the LP-CN", even if true, that would give
                        the false impression that I am speaking on behalf
                        of the LP-CN. To my mind, that's fraud.

                            However, absent the title, it's just a "commercial
                        plug" ... which is understood as such by almost
                        everyone.

                      • David Baumgardner
                        Message 11 of 14 , Aug 13, 2007
                          I understand your concerns regarding impropriety and admire your integrity.
                          However, part of being libertarian in philosphy is that you have the right
                          to voice your opinion, despite the fact that it may not be the opinion of
                          the group you represent. I see no conflict with distributing literature for
                          a candidate you support, as long as you note that the RLC has not officially
                          endorced that candidate, and as long as it is done away from the table you
                          previously manned. One can be a RLC officer AND Ron Paul supporter (I
                          actually think one SHOULD BE both) and support for one should not prevent
                          you from campaining for the other at a different period in time or at a
                          different location. To wit: If you man the RLC table from 1:00-3:00 pm,
                          then you are free to hand out literature at any time prior or after that
                          time, and in a different location, without conflict.

                          At least that's my take on it.

                          Dave Baumgardner, RLCWI

                          Message 12 of 14 , Aug 13, 2007
                            I understand your concerns regarding impropriety and admire your integrity.
                            However, part of being libertarian in philosphy is that you have the right
                            to voice your opinion, despite the fact that it may not be the opinion of
                            the group you represent. I see no conflict with distributing literature for
                            a candidate you support, as long as you note that the RLC has not officially
                            endorced that candidate, and as long as it is done away from the table you
                            previously manned. One can be a RLC officer AND Ron Paul supporter (I
                            actually think one SHOULD BE both) and support for one should not prevent
                            you from campaining for the other at a different period in time or at a
                            different location. To wit: If you man the RLC table from 1:00-3:00 pm,
                            then you are free to hand out literature at any time prior or after that
                            time, and in a different location, without conflict.

                            At least that's my take on it.

                            Dave Baumgardner, RLCWI

                            >From: DGHarrison <DGHarrison@...>
                            >To: RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com
                            >Subject: Re: [RLC-Action] RLC Sig LIne for Ron Paul supporters (was Re: FW:
                            >YouTube Debate)
                            >Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 00:54:36 -0500 (CDT)
                            >
                            > Even at the YRNC, I could not hand out Ron Paul Flyers as I 'knew'
                            > everyone had seen me manning the RLC table. -- Steve
                            >

                            >I understand your point, as in not wanting to give the appearance of
                            >impropriety. All this integrity among RLCers, and look what we've got in
                            >the neo-con camp -- a Mitt Romney campaign staffer in Iowa running the
                            >Straw Poll as chief voting judge. I guess they don't see that as an
                            >appearance of impropriety; hell, it's a a major conflict of interest. So
                            >far, the mainstream media is still asleep at the switch, and will probably
                            >remain so even when the RINOs pull off the Great Iowa Ballot Box Switch.
                            >
                            >Doug Harrison
                            >Minnesota
                            >

                            >--- http://USFamily.Net/dialup.html - $8.25/mo! --
                            >http://www.usfamily.net/dsl.html - $19.99/mo! ---
                          • Barry Moore
                            Message 13 of 14 , Aug 15, 2007
                              Hey y'all,

                              Fred Thompson is wavering like quixotic drunk. I don't think he'll be joining the fray. He's not raising the money he expected to.

                              I think an endorsement for Dr. Paul now is probably a good thing.

                              Bear this in mind: if you want some additional exposure for RLC, now is the time to be "exposed". I truly believe we can absorb a great deal of new membership if the youth that currently support Dr. Paul see us as his ally. This can ALSO allow us to build on the future by both giving the new blood a baseline as well as training for future candidates and supporters.

                              I'm not gonna wait on Fred "I'm not the President, but I play one on TV" Thompson.

                              My 2 cents,

                              Barry L. Moore
                              The "Republic" of Texas

                              Got a little couch potato?