FW: YouTube Debate

    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 7, 2007
      We've talked about the great opportunity the Ron Paul campaign offers the
      RLC for attracting new members. Further, we've talked about the tremendous
      benefit the RLC can be to Ron's mission by helping to mobilize his troops
      and *sustaining* their efforts even beyond the election.

      I am seeing innumerable RLCers integrally involved in the Ron Paul campaign
      and posting frequently to the Ron Paul YahooGroups. However, they are
      rarely identified as RLC members. Every such posting is a missed
      opportunity to advertise the RLC as well as to emphasize the contribution
      being made by the RLC to Ron's campaign.

      May I suggest that all other RLCers adopt a sig line something along the
      lines of mine below for use when posting to Ron Paul egroups?

      Jeff Palmer
      Republican Liberty Caucus - www.rlc.org
      "Pursuing libertarianism within the GOP since 1990"
      * * *
      Quote of the Week: “The Republican Liberty Caucus does the real work of
      advancing limited government; you don't just talk about it... What you do
      really makes a difference.” — Haley Barbour, RNC Chairman

      Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      4:06 PM
    • michael franks
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 7, 2007

        Good idea, if all the LP and Ron followers who are not normal Republican party voters or workers would now come on board, get involved in the REPUBLICAN party...it could virtualy take over the Republican party at the grass roots level!!!    If the LP in Texas alone for example would ALL just start showing up at republican party events, getting involved, etc. they could almost all be delegates and virtually take over the republican party.   it doesn't take THAT many people to really take over a party at the pct, county, and state level!!!!

        can you IMAGINE...if alllll these people HAD been doing that already?  my gosh...Ron would have MANY in "offical" party and grass roots Republican party leadership on board and in positions to help influence and guide and direct.     Ron's campaign should be used to get many into the fold and together with the RLC.   great things could happen as a result.

        Michael

        From:  "Jeff Palmer" <jap1@...>
        To:  <RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com>,"RLC-Discuss" <RLC-Discuss@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject:  [RLC-Discuss] FW: YouTube Debate
        Date:  Wed, 8 Aug 2007 00:43:32 -0400

        >We've talked about the great opportunity the Ron Paul campaign offers the
        >RLC for attracting new members.  Further, we've talked about the tremendous
        >benefit the RLC can be to Ron's mission by helping to mobilize his troops
        >and *sustaining* their efforts even beyond the election.
        >
        >I am seeing innumerable RLCers integrally involved in the Ron Paul campaign
        >and posting frequently to the Ron Paul YahooGroups.  However, they are
        >rarely identified as RLC members.  Every such posting is a missed
        >opportunity to advertise the RLC as well as to emphasize the contribution
        >being made by the RLC to Ron's campaign.
        >
        >May I suggest that all other RLCers adopt a sig line something along the
        >lines of mine below for use when posting to Ron Paul egroups?
        >
        >Jeff Palmer
        >Republican Liberty Caucus - www.rlc.org
        >"Pursuing libertarianism within the GOP since 1990"
        >  * * *
        >Quote of the Week:  �The Republican Liberty Caucus does the real work of
        >advancing limited government; you don't just talk about it...  What you do
        >really makes a difference.� � Haley Barbour, RNC Chairman

        >Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        >4:06 PM
        >

        >   This eGroup is sponsored by the Republican Liberty Caucus, which is not responsible for the content of posts nor the views of any participants. Discussion of issues, tactics and campaigns in pursuit of liberty within the Republican Party are welcome. Solicitations, insulting or abusive language and personal chats are not welcome.
        >Send notice of violations to: Secretary@...
        >Yahoo! Groups Links

        ><*> Your email settings:
        >     Individual Email | Traditional
        >
        ><*> To change settings online go to:
        >     (Yahoo! ID required)
        >
        ><*> To change settings via email:
        >     mailto:RLC-Discuss-digest@yahoogroups.com
        >     mailto:RLC-Discuss-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        >     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Philip Blumel
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 8, 2007
          Great idea. Also, we should attend our local Ron Paul Meetups and
          bring RLC brochures, membership apps and change of registration
          forms. It's easy! -pb

          --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Palmer" <jap1@...> wrote:

          > We've talked about the great opportunity the Ron Paul campaign
          offers the
          > RLC for attracting new members. Further, we've talked about the
          tremendous
          > benefit the RLC can be to Ron's mission by helping to mobilize his
          troops
          > and *sustaining* their efforts even beyond the election.
          >
          > I am seeing innumerable RLCers integrally involved in the Ron Paul
          campaign
          > and posting frequently to the Ron Paul YahooGroups. However, they
          are
          > rarely identified as RLC members. Every such posting is a missed
          > opportunity to advertise the RLC as well as to emphasize the
          contribution
          > being made by the RLC to Ron's campaign.
          >
          > May I suggest that all other RLCers adopt a sig line something
          along the
          > lines of mine below for use when posting to Ron Paul egroups?
          >
          > Jeff Palmer
          > Republican Liberty Caucus - www.rlc.org
          > "Pursuing libertarianism within the GOP since 1990"
          > * * *
          > Quote of the Week: "The Republican Liberty Caucus does the real
          work of
          > advancing limited government; you don't just talk about it...
          What you do
          > really makes a difference." — Haley Barbour, RNC Chairman

          > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          8/7/2007
          > 4:06 PM

        • Steven Burden
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 8, 2007
            Jeff,

            For non-excom members this is a great idea.

            Those on the excoms, either state for national might have a bit of a
            problem. I, for example, am the Vice Chair of the RLCFL. I am also a
            big supporter of Ron Paul. I do not, however, feel comfortable
            expressing my association with the RLC when participating in Ron Paul
            activites.

            Once--or if--the RLC endorses RP, then I won't have a problem. But
            until then, I can't do it...

            How does everyone else feel about this issue?

            --Steve

            --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Palmer" <jap1@...> wrote:

            > We've talked about the great opportunity the Ron Paul campaign
            offers the
            > RLC for attracting new members. Further, we've talked about the
            tremendous
            > benefit the RLC can be to Ron's mission by helping to mobilize his
            troops
            > and *sustaining* their efforts even beyond the election.
            >
            > I am seeing innumerable RLCers integrally involved in the Ron Paul
            campaign
            > and posting frequently to the Ron Paul YahooGroups. However, they
            are
            > rarely identified as RLC members. Every such posting is a missed
            > opportunity to advertise the RLC as well as to emphasize the
            contribution
            > being made by the RLC to Ron's campaign.
            >
            > May I suggest that all other RLCers adopt a sig line something
            along the
            > lines of mine below for use when posting to Ron Paul egroups?
            >
            > Jeff Palmer
            > Republican Liberty Caucus - www.rlc.org
            > "Pursuing libertarianism within the GOP since 1990"
            > * * *
            > Quote of the Week: "The Republican Liberty Caucus does the real
            work of
            > advancing limited government; you don't just talk about it... What
            you do
            > really makes a difference." — Haley Barbour, RNC Chairman

            > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
            8/7/2007
            > 4:06 PM

          • David Baumgardner
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 9, 2007
              Jeff and Steve,

              You make excellent points regarding members posting their RLC membership on
              Ron Paul groups and blogs. However, shouldn't the state organizations get
              together and decide on an endorsement prior to the primaries? It would be
              good to go into the the primaries as a unified body. I know many Democrats
              and independants who keep asking who is Ron Paul? People in general are
              sick of the "politics as usual" stance of the mainstream Democrats and
              Republicans. Lets stand as a group and show the Republican Party that Ron
              Paul is our choice for the nomination.

              David P. Baumgardner
              WI Republican Liberty Caucus

              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 9, 2007
                Posted by: "Steven Burden" sjburden@...
                > ... Those on the excoms, either state for national might
                > have a bit of a problem.

                I don't think Jeff is suggesting using RLC *titles* on the
                sig line, only adding a plug. It can't hurt to add:
                [Republican Liberty Caucus www.RLC.org]

                But, I won't be signing any Ron Paul advocacy with
                my RLC title ... at least until there's an official RLC
                endorsement. I suspect that is not likely until later
                in the year, when the field "shakes out" and people
                have a better feel for "viability and credibility".

                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 9, 2007
                  But, I won't be signing any Ron Paul advocacy with my RLC title ... at least until there's an official RLC endorsement. I suspect that is not likely until later in the year, when the field "shakes out" and people have a better feel for "viability and credibility". -- Bill

                  And, talking about "viability and credibility," I still think it's a mistake not to endorse Ron Paul right now. What the heck good is endorsing anyone after he's lost the nomination for GOP Presidential Candidate? If Ron Paul was a shoo-in, he wouldn't need our endorsement! I have to wonder about the RLC's "viability and credibility" if we're just waiting for a sure winner to endorse. But that's just me. I guess I don't understand the endorsement process.

                  Unfortunately, I don't think the Minnesota ExCom will come together to endorse Ron Paul anyway. I don't know what's up with them, but the last time I discussed it with them, I got a pretty cold shoulder on endorsing Paul. I really don't see any other candidate to pin our hopes on, so whatever they're thinking is mind boggling to me.

                • Philip Blumel
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 9, 2007
                    Doug, it's frustrating, but please don't sweat it.

                    I just received a request from the Miami Ron Paul Meetup for 50 RLC
                    brochures to distribute at the next Meetup there. I personally bring
                    them to the Palm Beach and Broward (Fort Lauderdale area) Meetups. I
                    also now sign all my Ron email with an RLC sig and we even have Ron-
                    oriented stories on our state website.

                    We don't need an endorsement to market the RLC to the Ron Paul
                    brigades. Seeing us in the trenches with them is the most effective
                    endorsement we have to offer.

                    --pb

                    --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, DGHarrison <DGHarrison@...> wrote:

                    > But, I won't be signing any Ron Paul advocacy with my RLC
                    title ...
                    > at least until there's an official RLC endorsement. I suspect
                    that
                    > is not likely until later in the year, when the field "shakes
                    out"
                    > and people have a better feel for "viability and
                    credibility". -- Bill

                    > And, talking about "viability and credibility," I still think it's
                    > mistake not to endorse Ron Paul right now. What the heck good is
                    > endorsing anyone after he's lost the nomination for GOP
                    Presidential
                    > Candidate? If Ron Paul was a shoo-in, he wouldn't need our
                    endorsement!
                    > I have to wonder about the RLC's "viability and credibility" if
                    we're
                    > just waiting for a sure winner to endorse. But that's just me. I
                    guess I
                    > don't understand the endorsement process.
                    >
                    > Unfortunately, I don't think the Minnesota ExCom will come
                    together to
                    > endorse Ron Paul anyway. I don't know what's up with them, but the
                    last
                    > time I discussed it with them, I got a pretty cold shoulder on
                    endorsing
                    > Paul. I really don't see any other candidate to pin our hopes on,
                    so
                    > whatever they're thinking is mind boggling to me.
                    >
                    > Doug Harrison
                    > Minnesota
                    >

                    > --- http://USFamily.Net/dialup.html - $8.25/mo! --
                    http://www.usfamily.net/dsl.html - $19.99/mo! ---

                  • Steven Burden
                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 10, 2007
                      Bill,

                      Maybe I am 'old fashioned', but for some reason it just
                      doesn't 'feel' right to me. It is nothing that should prevent anyone
                      else from doing what they feel is right. As an "officer" of the FL
                      RLC what I do seems to me to reflect on the organization--even if no
                      one else but me knows it. Stupid, I know.

                      Even at the YRNC, I could not hand out Ron Paul Flyers as I 'knew'
                      everyone had seen me manning the RLC table.

                      Everyone else can do what is right for them. I will be 1000% behind
                      RP all the way.

                      --Steve

                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 10, 2007
                        Even at the YRNC, I could not hand out Ron Paul Flyers as I 'knew' everyone had seen me manning the RLC table. -- Steve

                        I understand your point, as in not wanting to give the appearance of impropriety. All this integrity among RLCers, and look what we've got in the neo-con camp -- a Mitt Romney campaign staffer in Iowa running the Straw Poll as chief voting judge. I guess they don't see that as an appearance of impropriety; hell, it's a a major conflict of interest. So far, the mainstream media is still asleep at the switch, and will probably remain so even when the RINOs pull off the Great Iowa Ballot Box Switch.

                        Message 11 of 14 , Aug 11, 2007
                          Posted by: "Steven Burden" steve@...
                          > ... Even at the YRNC, I could not hand out Ron Paul Flyers ...

                              Of course, use your own judgment, but don't make
                          yourself a slave to other people's false impressions.
                          Maybe they've seen you at a local restaurant and jump
                          to the conclusion that Ron Paul must endorse that
                          restaurant ... or the restaurant endorsed Paul. Silly,
                          but no moreso than assuming an RLC endorsement
                          because you work for both the RLC and Ron Paul.

                              The issue is intentional misrepresentation. If you
                          write a letter to the editor endorsing Ron and use
                          your RLC title as a sig, that is clearly intended to
                          suggest that yours is an official statement of the
                          RLC ... that you are acting on behalf of the org.
                          But simply signing your name is not.

                              I'll grant that the "sig line" title can be taken as a
                          statement of your affiliation, leaving an implication
                          of an official statement. For example, if I signed
                          personal statements of my opinion with the title
                          "Founder of the LP-CN", even if true, that would give
                          the false impression that I am speaking on behalf
                          of the LP-CN. To my mind, that's fraud.

                              However, absent the title, it's just a "commercial
                          plug" ... which is understood as such by almost
                          everyone.

                        • David Baumgardner
                          Message 12 of 14 , Aug 13, 2007
                            I understand your concerns regarding impropriety and admire your integrity.
                            However, part of being libertarian in philosphy is that you have the right
                            to voice your opinion, despite the fact that it may not be the opinion of
                            the group you represent. I see no conflict with distributing literature for
                            a candidate you support, as long as you note that the RLC has not officially
                            endorced that candidate, and as long as it is done away from the table you
                            previously manned. One can be a RLC officer AND Ron Paul supporter (I
                            actually think one SHOULD BE both) and support for one should not prevent
                            you from campaining for the other at a different period in time or at a
                            different location. To wit: If you man the RLC table from 1:00-3:00 pm,
                            then you are free to hand out literature at any time prior or after that
                            time, and in a different location, without conflict.

                            At least that's my take on it.

                            Dave Baumgardner, RLCWI

                            Message 13 of 14 , Aug 13, 2007
                              I understand your concerns regarding impropriety and admire your integrity.
                              However, part of being libertarian in philosphy is that you have the right
                              to voice your opinion, despite the fact that it may not be the opinion of
                              the group you represent. I see no conflict with distributing literature for
                              a candidate you support, as long as you note that the RLC has not officially
                              endorced that candidate, and as long as it is done away from the table you
                              previously manned. One can be a RLC officer AND Ron Paul supporter (I
                              actually think one SHOULD BE both) and support for one should not prevent
                              you from campaining for the other at a different period in time or at a
                              different location. To wit: If you man the RLC table from 1:00-3:00 pm,
                              then you are free to hand out literature at any time prior or after that
                              time, and in a different location, without conflict.

                              At least that's my take on it.

                              Dave Baumgardner, RLCWI

                              >From: DGHarrison <DGHarrison@...>
                              >To: RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com
                              >Subject: Re: [RLC-Action] RLC Sig LIne for Ron Paul supporters (was Re: FW:
                              >YouTube Debate)
                              >Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 00:54:36 -0500 (CDT)
                              >
                              > Even at the YRNC, I could not hand out Ron Paul Flyers as I 'knew'
                              > everyone had seen me manning the RLC table. -- Steve
                              >

                              >I understand your point, as in not wanting to give the appearance of
                              >impropriety. All this integrity among RLCers, and look what we've got in
                              >the neo-con camp -- a Mitt Romney campaign staffer in Iowa running the
                              >Straw Poll as chief voting judge. I guess they don't see that as an
                              >appearance of impropriety; hell, it's a a major conflict of interest. So
                              >far, the mainstream media is still asleep at the switch, and will probably
                              >remain so even when the RINOs pull off the Great Iowa Ballot Box Switch.
                              >
                              >Doug Harrison
                              >Minnesota
                              >

                              >--- http://USFamily.Net/dialup.html - $8.25/mo! --
                              >http://www.usfamily.net/dsl.html - $19.99/mo! ---
                            • Barry Moore
                              Message 14 of 14 , Aug 15, 2007
                                Hey y'all,

                                Fred Thompson is wavering like quixotic drunk. I don't think he'll be joining the fray. He's not raising the money he expected to.

                                I think an endorsement for Dr. Paul now is probably a good thing.

                                Bear this in mind: if you want some additional exposure for RLC, now is the time to be "exposed". I truly believe we can absorb a great deal of new membership if the youth that currently support Dr. Paul see us as his ally. This can ALSO allow us to build on the future by both giving the new blood a baseline as well as training for future candidates and supporters.

                                I'm not gonna wait on Fred "I'm not the President, but I play one on TV" Thompson.

                                My 2 cents,

                                Barry L. Moore
                                The "Republic" of Texas

                                Got a little couch potato?