RLC website development / eGroups Progress

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31 12:40 PM
      Members,

      The National Board has begun development of a new
      website and a new member eGroup. Here's a rundown.

      1. National Secretary Thomas Sewell, who has been
      Chairman of the Communications Committee, will be
      supervising website development in close cooperation
      with Webmaster Steve Redlich and other members;

      2. Thomas will provide a development server in DC
      with an open-source utility called "Drupal", which seems
      to be familiar to other participants and full-featured;

      3. Technical and design discussion will be posted
      to the "RLC-Comm" eGroup. Anyone who is interested
      in assisting with development should be directed to
      subscribe to that Yahoo eGroup;

      4. Philip is in charge of the new "RLC-News" eGroup,
      which will serve as a member newsletter. Content will
      be coordinated with the website at "RLC-Comm";

      5. RLC officers will be notified here when there is
      a development site ready for their review;

      6. The National Board has expressed reluctance
      about having "official" editorial/commentary content
      on the website, but we'll review the options once the
      site is capable of accepting submissions;

      7. Both RLC-Discuss and RLC-Action will be
      maintained and open to members only, but it will
      not be promoted to new members, who will only
      receive an invite to join RLC-News;

      8. The "Liberty Watch" eList will remain a
      separate "official" RLC news outlet for members
      and prospects who opt-in through the website
      (we still need an Editor who can compose HTML
      and use our "Subscribe Me" services).

      Thanks to all those who have volunteered to
      assist. I will be actively involved, but otherwise
      hope to catch up on member DB updates. I'll
      also be working on a separate service that will
      allow officers and members to update their own
      information (probably on RepublicanLiberty.org)
      using the ASP website utilities.

      If there are any members who would like to
      assist in the website effort, please join: