RE: [RLC-Action] Founding Documents Study Group

  • Thomas Sewell
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 8, 2007
      Try the National Center for Constitutional Studies (NCCS). They've got just about everything you'll need. http://www.nccs.net/

      Thomas
      -----Original Message-----
      From: RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com [mailto:RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of DGHarrison
      Sent: Sunday, July 08, 2007 11:21 AM
      To: RonPaul2008@...; RLCMN@yahoogroups.com; RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [RLC-Action] Founding Documents Study Group

      I am seeking suggestions for sources of trustworthy study materials and commentary on the Constitution, Bill of Rights, Amendments, Federalist Papers, Jury Nullification, etc., for an adult study group. I'd really like to obtain ready-made study guides (no sense reinventing the wheel). If you can think of any related topics for this study group, please let me know.

      As much as it is logical that libertarians will have published worthy materials on the Internet, so too, statist scalawags will have published materials contaminated with Left-think. I don't want to waste time randomly reviewing stuff (there are millions of Google entries), so if you've found some really good sources, I'd deeply appreciate it if you'd share them with me.

      Given that the group, let's call it the Liberty Group, will be associated with a non profit religious organization, it must strictly adhere to a non partisan program. I am tasked with providing an outline and samples of  study materials, allowing the church to review them and be satisfied that we will not run afoul of government restrictions on our free speech (sardonic irony intended). The church suggested that so long as the group remains politically neutral and focuses on civic duties and responsibilities -- to which I want to add rights and authorities -- then there should be no problem with the project.

      Any suggestions for this study group are welcome. I have yet to decide the frequency of meetings (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly?), as that will depend on the depth of materials, availability of facilities, and desires of attendees.

      Thanks for your kind consideration and useful suggestions.

    • Nasir Muhammad
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 9, 2007
        You might try George Mason University's (HNN) History News Network; they have many articles on the subject matter you are seeking.

        Nasir Muhammad

        Nasir Muhammad
        1444 E. Gun Hill RD #17
        Bronx NY 10469