Re: RLC tread lightly on endorsement for Prez with Thompson jumpin in...

  • Steven Burden
    Message 1 of 34 , Jun 28, 2007
      Marianne:

      Not that I have seen. Basically, I think Mensans are more susceptible
      to the 'liberal disease'--thinking they know better what is good for
      people than the people themselves decide--than most others.

      To me personally, choosing liberty is more of a moral choice than an
      intellectual one. But among the mensans I have dealt with, they are
      either too 'good' for politics, or think that we should use our
      talents to help the people...ie, a benevolent dictatorship of the
      intelligent.

      The problems with that concept, of course, is it destroys liberty and
      learning. Intelligence is based as much on mistakes as it is on
      successes. If one does all the thinking, no one else learns how to
      think. Or gets better.

      Here in Tampa Bay, we are debating if we should even allow free
      discussion of politics on the Mensa boards. Very insular.

      Liberty is an everyone issue. All adults have what it takes to choose
      to be responsible for their own actions...I have learned a whole lot
      more about basic liberty from regular people than I have from any
      Mensan!

      Ron Paul '08

      --Steve

      --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, "Marianne Stebbins" <marianne@...>
      wrote:

      > Steve,
      >
      > I was wondering if there was a disproportionate number of Mensans
      supporting Ron Paul, and to stay on topic, liberty in general. I
      noted that Vox Day is a Mensan as well, and the only other Mensan
      whose political views I know supports Paul. As the tech and internet
      candidate, he seems to enjoy at least some degree of intelligent
      support. Make of that what you wish. :-)

      > To brains and liberty!
      >
      > Marianne Stebbins
      > Excelsior MN
      > www.ronpaul2008.com

      With
      > RP, what you see is what you get.
      >
      > Can the same be said for Fred? Or any other current candidate? I
      > don't think so.
      >
      > I go with a known quantity, even if I don't agree with all his
      > postions. He is far closer, and more predictable then any of the
      > others.
      >
      > --Steve
      >
      > --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, "Marianne Stebbins"
      <marianne@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > I see who are F Thompson supporters. Might as well throw a
      rascist
      > charge at me while you're at it. The NAU is in the works, and one
      > must have his head in an opiate sand to brush it off. The
      supporters
      > of the NAU see it as being no different than the European Union.
      Is
      > the EU also a conspiratorial fantasy? I'm starting to think only
      > Mensans understand liberty. We're going to have to simplify
      things
      > for the rest of the masses.

      American
      > Union at that time, and perhaps his views on the First Amendment
      > weren't well know then. But he doesn't seem even close to someone
      > the RLC would endorse. Surely that was a freakish aberration.
      > >

      > > Perhaps back then we had fewer conspiracy nuts who believed in
      > things like the supposed NAU and think the CFR is an evil
      > conspiracy. Lots of good people belong to the CFR and it's not
      even
      > capable of forcing the US to do anything. The NAU on the other
      hand
      > is just a fantasy made up from people who can't tell the
      difference
      > between trade agreements and secret plots.
      > >

      > > Dave
      > > --
      > >
      > > Scriptorium Fonts: http://www.fontcraft.com
      > > Ragnarok Press: http://www.ragnarokpress.com
      > > Customer Support: 1-800-797-8973

    • Joe Liberty
      Message 34 of 34 , Jun 29, 2007
        Enter Stage Right published my letter to the editor comparing Fred Thompson and Ron Paul:

        .