FW: Ron Paul Excluded in Iowa

  • Guy McLendon
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 19, 2007
      1-Image Promotional Template

      We need to have thousands & thousands of people call these two people continuously between now & Aug 5.  Their phones should stay busy until Dr. Paul has been invited to the debates.  Please echo this request to your groups, and help locate many more folks to call these numbers.

      Edward Failor
      Iowans for Tax Relief
      Phone: 563-288-3600 or 877-913-3600

      Steve Sheffler, President
      Iowa Christian Alliance
      Phone: 515-225-1515
      E-mail: slscheffler@...

      Ron Paul Excluded in Iowa

      June 19, 2007

      Iowans for Tax Relief and Iowa Christian Alliance will host a presidential candidates forum on Saturday, June 30th in Des Moines . Republican presidential candidates Mitt Romney, Sam Brownback, Jim Gilmore, Mike Huckabee, Tommy Thompson, and Tom Tancredo will participate.

      Ron Paul, however, will not participate. Why? Because he wasn’t invited.

      We heard about this forum from numerous supporters in Iowa who asked why Dr. Paul was not going to participate. Those supporters assumed that Dr. Paul was invited.

      The campaign office had not received an invitation so we called this morning; thinking we might have misplaced the invitation or simply overlooked it. Lew Moore, our campaign manager, called Mr. Edward Failor, an officer of Iowans for Tax Relief, to ask about it. To our shock, Mr. Failor told us Dr. Paul was not invited; he was not going to be invited; and he would not be allowed to participate. And when asked why, Mr. Failor refused to explain. The call ended.

      Lew then called Mr. Steve Sheffler, president of the Iowa Christian Alliance, to talk with him. Mr. Sheffler did not answer so Lew left a message. He has yet to respond.

      Why are the Iowans for Tax Relief and the Iowa Christian Alliance excluding the one Republican candidate who scored at the top of every online poll taken after the MSNBC, Fox News, and CNN debates? Why are they denying Iowans the opportunity to hear from the Republican presidential candidate whose popularity is growing by the day?

      We couldn’t get answers to these questions from Messrs. Failor and Sheffler. Maybe you’ll have better luck. Their contact information is below.

      It's ironic that on the same day we learned the Iowans for Tax Relief and the Iowa Christian Alliance excluded Dr. Paul from their candidates forum, we received a call from ABC News confirming Dr. Paul’s participation in its nationally broadcast August 5th debate to be held in Des Moines .

      Kent Snyder, Chairman
      Ron Paul 2008

      Contact Information

      Edward Failor
      Iowans for Tax Relief
      2610 Park Avenue
      Muscatine , Iowa 52761
      Phone: 563-288-3600 or 877-913-3600
      Fax: 563-264-2413
      E-mail: itr@...

      Steve Sheffler, President
      Iowa Christian Alliance
      939 Office Park Road, Suite 115
      West Des Moines , Iowa 50265
      Phone: 515-225-1515
      Fax: 515-225-1826
      E-mail: slscheffler@...

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 19, 2007
        Iowans for Tax Relief *especially* needs to be reminded that Ron Paul led ALL announced presidential candidates in a straw poll held at their national conference (cosponsored with the National Taxpayers Union Foundation) in D.C. last weekend.

        Jeff Palmer - jap@...
         * * *
        Quote of the Week:  “First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -- Mahatma Gandhi

        We need to have thousands & thousands of people call these two people continuously between now & Aug 5.  Their phones should stay busy until Dr. Paul has been invited to the debates.  Please echo this request to your groups, and help locate many more folks to call these numbers.

        Edward Failor
        Iowans for Tax Relief
        Phone: 563-288-3600 or 877-913-3600

        Steve Sheffler, President