Re: Ron Paul

  • Guy McLendon
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 12, 2007

      There’s no real need to change the bylaws since it’s easy enough to motion to suspend the rules.

      If Ron is still very much in the race when our convention is held in May 2008, I’m prepared to support NOTA, and making a motion for a Ron Paul endorsement.

      Some points:

      1. The LP is not willing to roll over & play dead.
      2. The RLC is really good at asking LP to do things, and giving zero in return.
      3. Has the RLC endorsed Ron yet or not?

      Guy

      Posted by: "markcrossea@..." markcrossea@...   markcrossea

      Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:00 am (PST)

      I think that the Libertarian party should change their
      bylaws to allow for the nomination of Ron Paul. I do
      not know the legalities but on the state ballot in
      some states you can be the nominee of multiple
      parties. Why not on a national basis? When Ron gets
      the Republican nomination, what can the Libertarian
      party do? Do they really want to run someone against
      Ron?

      Mark