Re: RLC Joke

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 12, 2007
      Posted by: "DGHarrison" DGHarrison@...
      > I'm just tired of evading the question, "So, how come the
      > 'Ron Paul wing of the Republican Party' hasn't endorsed
      > Ron Paul?"

      Although that slogan is prominently used by the RLC
      Texas organization (with permission), no individual is the
      sole definition of any organization ... even if they are, in
      effect, the entire organization (eg: Nader = Green).

      The reality is that Ron Paul does not agree with the
      entire RLC Statement, nor does he endorse candidates
      who are endorsed by the RLC (at least not automatically).
      So, the answer I would give:
      "Because Ron Paul is not the RLC and many RLC
      members believe there are higher priorities than any
      single Presidential campaign."

      That doesn't imply that any members "scorn" the
      Ron Paul effort, only that some - while respecting the
      value of his campaign - see other avenues as more
      beneficial to the pursuit of liberty.