Re: Ron Paul

  • Chuck Moulton
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 10, 2007
      > So, is the LP going to endorse Paul this year, or
      > are they going to nominate their own candidate?

      If Ron Paul seeks the LP nomination, I suspect he would get it rather
      easily. That decision will be made by the Libertarian National
      Convention delegates in Denver May of 2008. All indications have been
      that he has no desire to seek the LP nomination.

      In contrast, Ron Paul is seeking the Republican Party nomination and
      as far as I know he would appreciate all the endorsements he can get
      from Republican organizations, especially libertarian-leaning ones.

      -Chuck Moulton
    • markcrossea@prodigy.net
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 11, 2007
        I think that the Libertarian party should change their
        bylaws to allow for the nomination of Ron Paul. I do
        not know the legalities but on the state ballot in
        some states you can be the nominee of multiple
        parties. Why not on a national basis? When Ron gets
        the Republican nomination, what can the Libertarian
        party do? Do they really want to run someone against
        Ron?

        Mark
      • Guy McLendon
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 12, 2007

          There’s no real need to change the bylaws since it’s easy enough to motion to suspend the rules.

          If Ron is still very much in the race when our convention is held in May 2008, I’m prepared to support NOTA, and making a motion for a Ron Paul endorsement.

          Some points:

          1. The LP is not willing to roll over & play dead.
          2. The RLC is really good at asking LP to do things, and giving zero in return.
          3. Has the RLC endorsed Ron yet or not?

          Guy

          Posted by: "markcrossea@..." markcrossea@...   markcrossea

          Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:00 am (PST)