Re: [RLC-Action] Re: Ron Paul

  • John Conway
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 10, 2007
          Small potatoes.  Lets examine the competition and see where the chips fall.  How about an assessment of the rest of the runners in this historical debate.  Make it a plus-minus evaluation and look at the score at the end.  If the RLC and the Libertarian Party have become a debating society, lets debate until this election is over, and then we can get back to the mundane.  Did I say "we?" excuse me, that could be construed as anti Semite or John Birch rhetoric by some here--sorry, or was that evaluation?--whatever.

      In Liberty,
      John Conway

      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 10, 2007
        > So, is the LP going to endorse Paul this year, or
        > are they going to nominate their own candidate?

        If Ron Paul seeks the LP nomination, I suspect he would get it rather
        easily. That decision will be made by the Libertarian National
        Convention delegates in Denver May of 2008. All indications have been
        that he has no desire to seek the LP nomination.

        In contrast, Ron Paul is seeking the Republican Party nomination and
        as far as I know he would appreciate all the endorsements he can get
        from Republican organizations, especially libertarian-leaning ones.

        -Chuck Moulton
      • markcrossea@prodigy.net
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 11, 2007
          I think that the Libertarian party should change their
          bylaws to allow for the nomination of Ron Paul. I do
          not know the legalities but on the state ballot in
          some states you can be the nominee of multiple
          parties. Why not on a national basis? When Ron gets
          the Republican nomination, what can the Libertarian
          party do? Do they really want to run someone against
          Ron?

          Mark
        • Guy McLendon
          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 12, 2007

            There’s no real need to change the bylaws since it’s easy enough to motion to suspend the rules.

            If Ron is still very much in the race when our convention is held in May 2008, I’m prepared to support NOTA, and making a motion for a Ron Paul endorsement.

            Some points:

            1. The LP is not willing to roll over & play dead.
            2. The RLC is really good at asking LP to do things, and giving zero in return.
            3. Has the RLC endorsed Ron yet or not?

            Guy

            Posted by: "markcrossea@..." markcrossea@...   markcrossea

            Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:00 am (PST)