Re: [RLC-Action] Ron Paul's Odds

  • John Conway
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2007
          Look around folks.  I have never seen action on a Presidential campaign like this ever before.  It is usually the press and the talking heads at this stage of an election directing the thoughts of Americans.
         Ron Paul and the release of "America Freedom to Fascism" are stirring the people to action.  I have never seen this kind of passion by a grass roots campaign of this magnitude at this early in the game.  Whatever happens in this election at the pols, it has served to change the fundamental way politics and government operate here.
         I sense less fear in the rank and file, and yes, even a degree of belligerence among the people.  I also see people waking up from the deep sleep perpetrated by the politics as usual bunch.  The problem for the ruling class here is that when one wakes up, they can never go back to sleep again.  People are getting together and getting organized.
         The thing that stands out for is the propaganda machine.  The politicians and the talking heads look like card board cutouts.  They have had their way for so long that they think they can still do business as usual and we're still swallowing their pablum.  This spells the end of the propaganda machine.
         This movement is gaining momentum every day, it is a revolution.  Remember, you are supposed to be dangerous:
      "When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.  When the government fears the people, there is liberty."
      Thomas Jefferson

      In Liberty,
      John Conway