Re: [RLC-Action] Re: Are there really any RLC members supporting Rudy "Melt All the Guns Down" Giuliani?

  • Alan Turin
    Message 1 of 7 , May 29, 2007
      To date the only candidate any RLC state chapter has considered for endorsement is Ron Paul, which makes sense, being the only libertarian in the GOP race.

      your most faithful and obedient servant

      Alan Turin

      Joe Liberty <joe_liberty@...> wrote:
      Yes, there really are RLC members supporting Guliani.  Perhaps you missed Norma's message this morning.  I support Ron Paul too, but I can tell you for a fact she isn't alone.

      Since two state chapters have already endorsed Ron Paul, the national body apparently will not be endorsing anyone other than Ron Paul.  But as far as I'm aware, no state chapter has yet endorsed anyone other than Ron Paul, so it is still possible for us to endorse him.  Does anyone have information concerning state chapters having endorsed anyone else that might explain the doom and gloom?

      Message 2 of 7 , May 29, 2007
        It was erroneously reported that Minnesota had voted in favor of a National endorsement for Ron Paul. There are currently only three "active" ExCom members in the RLCMN, and I'm the only one that supported Ron Paul, making me a lonely minority of one. It is my understanding that a unanimous finding for Paul is required of the 16 state organizations. Do I re-poll the committee members at a later date to see if anyone has changed their mind? I need at least one of the other two members to change their mind, otherwise, this is over. And that's why all the doom and gloom. And I really don't understand support for Giuliani. If he had a voting record in Congress, I'm fairly certain he'd rank somewhere down at the bottom of the heap, as far away from the libertarian segment as you can get.

        Eric Dondero wrote:

        .

        Message 3 of 7 , May 29, 2007
          >...Do I re-poll the committee members at a later date to see if anyone has changed their mind?...

          Yes.  (Although you might as well wait until most other states have done so, should that happen.)

          Jeff Palmer - jap@...
           * * *
          Quote of the Week:  “First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -- Mahatma Gandhi

          Message 4 of 7 , May 31, 2007
            Yes, there are RLC members supporting Giuliani. For the time being
            I'm one of them. I don't find either Paul or Giuliani to be the
            ideal candidate. They both have major strikes against them.
            Giuliani's weak on the gun issue, but Paul is weak on church/state
            separation and foreign policy - at least from my perspective. Paul
            certainly presents a much better overall message, but he's too
            ideological and unrealistic. Giuliani may be too much of a
            politiician, but I have more confidence in his ability to win and do
            the job well. I'd like to hear the best parts of Paul's message
            coming from a more viable candidate, but as far as I can tell my
            perfect candidate isn't running.

            Scriptorium Fonts: http://www.fontcraft.com
            Ragnarok Press: http://www.ragnarokpress.com
            Customer Support: 1-800-797-8973
          • Michael Zimny
            Message 5 of 7 , May 31, 2007
              Fred Thompson is coming into the race because Giulani Sp? McCain and
              Romney are so weak as candidates.