Re: Are there really any RLC members supporting Rudy "Melt All the Guns Down" Giuliani?

  • Joe Liberty
    Message 1 of 7 , May 29, 2007
      Yes, there really are RLC members supporting Guliani.  Perhaps you missed Norma's message this morning.  I support Ron Paul too, but I can tell you for a fact she isn't alone.

      Since two state chapters have already endorsed Ron Paul, the national body apparently will not be endorsing anyone other than Ron Paul.  But as far as I'm aware, no state chapter has yet endorsed anyone other than Ron Paul, so it is still possible for us to endorse him.  Does anyone have information concerning state chapters having endorsed anyone else that might explain the doom and gloom?

      Message 2 of 7 , May 29, 2007
        Just to clarify for those who may not understand the process, RLC state chapters don't endorse Presidential candidates by themselves. They vote either to recommend to National that a particular candidate be endorsed by the RLC as a whole, or not to recommend such. State Chapters aren't allowed to endorse federal candidates without the concurrence of the national board. Specific to the Presidential primary, for the RLC to endorse a Presidential candidate, all of the charted states must recommend (or concur) with the endorsement and the RLC National Board must also vote to endorse.

        So it's incorrect to speak of State RLC Chapters endorsing different presidential candidates. All they can do is give the national board their official view on which candidate (if any) they think National should endorse or not.

        If there isn't a candidate that all the State Chapters and the National board agree that the RLC should endorse, then the RLC does not and has not endorsed anyone in the race. That is the current status of the RLC presidential endorsement. Specifically, no candidate has been officially endorsed for President (2008) by the RLC.

        At this point in the process, since a few states have expressed their preference that the RLC endorse Ron Paul, without some major political shakeup that causes a lot of Paul supporters to drop their support, the RLC would only endorse him or (far more likely at this point, but always subject to change in the political winds) issue no endorsement at all in the race.

        Thomas Sewell
        RLC National Secretary

        Yes, there really are RLC members supporting Guliani.  Perhaps you missed Norma's message this morning.  I support Ron Paul too, but I can tell you for a fact she isn't alone.

        Since two state chapters have already endorsed Ron Paul, the national body apparently will not be endorsing anyone other than Ron Paul.  But as far as I'm aware, no state chapter has yet endorsed anyone other than Ron Paul, so it is still possible for us to endorse him.  Does anyone have information concerning state chapters having endorsed anyone else that might explain the doom and gloom?

        Are there really any RLC members supporting Rudy "Melt All the Guns Down" Giuliani? That's hard to believe. I'm supporting Ron Paul. Unfortunately, it seems that there will be no RLC endorsement for Ron Paul, and that being the case, there will likely be no endorsement of anyone.

        Eric Dondero wrote:

        .

      • Alan Turin
        Message 3 of 7 , May 29, 2007
          To date the only candidate any RLC state chapter has considered for endorsement is Ron Paul, which makes sense, being the only libertarian in the GOP race.

          your most faithful and obedient servant

          Alan Turin

          Joe Liberty <joe_liberty@...> wrote:
          Yes, there really are RLC members supporting Guliani.  Perhaps you missed Norma's message this morning.  I support Ron Paul too, but I can tell you for a fact she isn't alone.

          Since two state chapters have already endorsed Ron Paul, the national body apparently will not be endorsing anyone other than Ron Paul.  But as far as I'm aware, no state chapter has yet endorsed anyone other than Ron Paul, so it is still possible for us to endorse him.  Does anyone have information concerning state chapters having endorsed anyone else that might explain the doom and gloom?

          Are there really any RLC members supporting Rudy "Melt All the Guns Down" Giuliani? That's hard to believe. I'm supporting Ron Paul. Unfortunately, it seems that there will be no RLC endorsement for Ron Paul, and that being the case, there will likely be no endorsement of anyone.

          Eric Dondero wrote:

          .

          Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

          Message 4 of 7 , May 29, 2007
            It was erroneously reported that Minnesota had voted in favor of a National endorsement for Ron Paul. There are currently only three "active" ExCom members in the RLCMN, and I'm the only one that supported Ron Paul, making me a lonely minority of one. It is my understanding that a unanimous finding for Paul is required of the 16 state organizations. Do I re-poll the committee members at a later date to see if anyone has changed their mind? I need at least one of the other two members to change their mind, otherwise, this is over. And that's why all the doom and gloom. And I really don't understand support for Giuliani. If he had a voting record in Congress, I'm fairly certain he'd rank somewhere down at the bottom of the heap, as far away from the libertarian segment as you can get.

            Eric Dondero wrote:

            .

            Message 5 of 7 , May 29, 2007
              >...Do I re-poll the committee members at a later date to see if anyone has changed their mind?...

              Yes.  (Although you might as well wait until most other states have done so, should that happen.)

              Jeff Palmer - jap@...
               * * *
              Quote of the Week:  “First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -- Mahatma Gandhi

              Message 6 of 7 , May 31, 2007
                Yes, there are RLC members supporting Giuliani. For the time being
                I'm one of them. I don't find either Paul or Giuliani to be the
                ideal candidate. They both have major strikes against them.
                Giuliani's weak on the gun issue, but Paul is weak on church/state
                separation and foreign policy - at least from my perspective. Paul
                certainly presents a much better overall message, but he's too
                ideological and unrealistic. Giuliani may be too much of a
                politiician, but I have more confidence in his ability to win and do
                the job well. I'd like to hear the best parts of Paul's message
                coming from a more viable candidate, but as far as I can tell my
                perfect candidate isn't running.

                Scriptorium Fonts: http://www.fontcraft.com
                Ragnarok Press: http://www.ragnarokpress.com
                Customer Support: 1-800-797-8973
              • Michael Zimny
                Message 7 of 7 , May 31, 2007
                  Fred Thompson is coming into the race because Giulani Sp? McCain and
                  Romney are so weak as candidates.