Re: Ron Paul is the contender
- Hello, I am new to the group and this is my first message. I hope
that I do not step on any toes. I have been trying to get a feel for
the group and only joined last week at the suggestion of one of the
memebers. Since this is a strategy session I figured on throwing out
a few items.
1. Until last week I had never even heard of Ron Paul. I do agree
with many of his issues but the problem is going to be getting other
people to hear them.
2. There are some things, national security for one, that I have
some concerns about, and I think many other people will too.
3. Is he really viable as a Presidential Candidate. Will the media
take him seriously, or even give him any air time. If Fred Thompson
stubs his toe, its on FOX and CNN.
4. I am one of those people fed up with Professional Politicians and
I think the appeal that Fred has and for that matter, Obama has is
that people are looking for something different, new, untainted by
5. On one poll, the AFA poll, Fred is ahead of Ron by 10:1 as of
6. Is there a drop dead date for the RLC to declare it's support?
7. Will the RLC support a darkhorse or wait until it is closer to
the nomination and then work with the main contender?
8. I am not advocating the RLC throws Ron under the bus, but instead
continue to support those that it believes in, but at the end choose
show support the winner istead of dividing the party?
9. If Ron had the support to add to the ticket, would he run as the