Re: [RLCHouston] Don Zimmerman on phone calls

  • rlcmcallen
    Message 1 of 30 , Mar 23, 2007
      Whatsamatta? Sign business a little slow? You sound frustrated Michael.

      Why don't you make up some cool Ron Paul signs and sell them. Bumper
      stickers too. Others are getting outragous prices for these on web
      stores. Surely you could sell them for much less and actually get
      quantities out and make some money.

      As far as the campaign goes, I really don't think Ron is less
      sophisticated about that than either you or I are, do you?

      --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, "michael franks"
      <michaelafranks@...> wrote:

      > No, thats what "should" happen, but is not. They are not set up to
      run a
      > presidential level race right now and do not near have the staff or
      > infrastructure in place at all. I have tried a few times to
      contact them
      > to no avail. I do not understand their lack of concern or even
      > understanding that they are not where they need to be. In my phone
      call
      > today, when I called to get through to Kent or to talk about some
      things,
      > all I got in response was "so, your calling to voice your complaint
      to Kent
      > right"? i said no, im calling to talk to Kent and that there is a
      total
      > lack of organization in place or people in place to organize
      everyone. I
      > got in response to that "Well, Ron just announced so we are in the
      begining
      > stages." again...totally CLUELESS of how a campaign needs to be
      run and
      > put together, and clueless that they are not where the need to be as
      if the
      > excuse of "well, he just announced" covers the failure of any real
      > organization. They brush it off as not being a big deal.....as if
      they are
      > in denial or something, clueless of seeing it. I have seen state rep
      > campaigns in more full out massive action right now. With media
      people, pr
      > people, PROFESSIONAL consultants managing and running the show,
      PROFESSIONAL
      > seasoned campaign warriors putting together strategy, with ALREADY a
      plan in
      > place for campaign organization etc. Who is in charge of campaign
      activity?
      > WHERE are the campaign coordinators or any "skeleton" of a volunteer
      > heirarchy in place?
      >
      > I, on my own can and will anyway organize a NATIONWIDE effort using
      some of
      > my skills and expertise in some areas that Im good at. You think I
      could
      > get a call or to talk with anyone to do it with the campaign?
      no...so will
      > all have to be done on my own apparantely.
      >
      > So Dave, they dont have a clue what they are doing yet, and do not
      have the
      > resemblence of a campaign staff to even tell anyone what to do right
      now in
      > any REAL form or fashion. I have never seen anything like it at all.
      As
      > mentioned, ive seen MANY state REP races more organized, AGRESSIVE,
      with
      > that "eye of the tiger" critical time is of the essence type attitude.
      >
      > Questions to ask, Where is Ron's long time and main consultant, Mark
      Elam?
      > Where and why isn't Ron's chief of Staff Tom Lizzardo, with WORLDS of
      > "campaign" experience in charge and running this up the flag pole
      right now?
      > What is Ron doing, and what is he waiting on? He is showing
      up at
      > things sure, but where is his enterouge? Does he even have a banner or
      > sign? Where was their "big apperance" at the CPAC thing?
      >
      > He MUST get a professional campaign person running the show. Right
      now he
      > needs NAME ID and MEDIA/PR coverage. WHO is doing that that is
      credible to
      > "KNOW" what to do and who can "make it happen?
      >
      > My gosh...WHY wont they use the "Taxpayers best friend" as their
      slogan?
      > Something that DEFINES Ron and will "market" to the masses that want
      fiscial
      > restraint and for SOMEONE to "watch their $$" "Hope for America" is
      > cheesy and namby pamby. The old pic on the front of the website
      of Ron in
      > his military unifrom is nice..but hardly what you want on the front
      page of
      > what the heck your candidate even looks like!!!! Id change it and
      redo
      > some things. My website was done in ONE WEEK, not over a MONTH (some
      > aspects are down, but still for refernece.... www.michaelfranks.org)
      >
      > I would change the strategy..in fact...heck..what even IS their
      strategy?
      > When Ron announced..where was the fan fare? What did they do
      that could
      > have gotten media attention? Did he even have a SIGN or BANNER
      behind him
      > or his "logo" whatever that even is? Again..my GOSH ive seen
      simple state
      > rep campaigns more ready to go and "together" and "with it" than
      this is.
      > He is running to LEAD THIS NATION!!!! IF he cant even put
      together a good
      > campaign staff, how can he lead the nation?
      >
      > I would have had him do his announcement from the Reagan library,
      using old
      > quotes FROM Reagan himself and HUGE old pics of Ron and Reagan blown
      up..and
      > Ron CLAIM the "Reagan legacy" in this race.
      >
      > WHAT THE HELL ARE YALL GUYS DOING RON?!!!!!!! Get someone in who
      has a
      > "nack" for marketing, promotion, pr, and campaign strategy. You do
      NOT have

      www.bushcheneysigns.com
      > Organizer of the GOTV effort and the "image" of the entire Texas
      Marriage
      > Amendment www.vote4marriage.com
      >
      > Its like HELLO!!!!!! is anyone home running Ron Paul's campaign?
      Im hardly
      > some "yeahoo" or "unknown" calling up there to chit chat or waste
      their
      > time....
      >

      > >From: Dave Nalle <dave@...>
      > >To: RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com
      > >Subject: [RLC-Action] RE: [RLCHouston] Don Zimmerman on phone calls
      > >Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 01:32:32 -0500
      >

      > >Why can't we RLC members call the Paul campaign and volunteer to make
      > >phonecalls for them? If they're a serious campaign they ought to be
      > >able to figure out who we should call and put us to work? Right?
      > >
      > >Dave
      > >--
      > >
      > >Scriptorium Fonts: http://www.fontcraft.com
      > >Ragnarok Press: http://www.ragnarokpress.com
      > >Customer Support: 1-800-797-8973

    • rlcmcallen
      Message 2 of 30 , Mar 23, 2007

        Message 3 of 30 , Mar 23, 2007

          Message 4 of 30 , Mar 23, 2007

            Message 5 of 30 , Mar 23, 2007

              Message 6 of 30 , Mar 23, 2007

                Message 7 of 30 , Mar 23, 2007

                  Message 8 of 30 , Mar 23, 2007

                    Message 9 of 30 , Mar 23, 2007

                      <michaelafranks@...> wrote:

> [...]
                      > the HOME STATE of the President 2000 and 2004,
                      www.bushcheneysigns.com
                      > Organizer of the GOTV effort and the "image" of the entire Texas
                      Marriage
                      > Amendment www.vote4marriage.com
                      >
                      > Its like HELLO!!!!!! is anyone home running Ron Paul's campaign?
                      Im hardly
                      > some "yeahoo" or "unknown" calling up there to chit chat or waste
                      their
                      > time....
                      >

                      > >From: Dave Nalle <dave@...>
                      > >To: RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com
                      > >Subject: [RLC-Action] RE: [RLCHouston] Don Zimmerman on phone calls
                      > >Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 01:32:32 -0500
                      >

                      > >Why can't we RLC members call the Paul campaign and volunteer to make
                      > >phonecalls for them? If they're a serious campaign they ought to be
                      > >able to figure out who we should call and put us to work? Right?

                    • michael franks
                      Message 10 of 30 , Mar 23, 2007

                        Yes John,  I already have things in the works and have for a while.   Getting ANYONE at his campaign to reply or respond would take an act of God i think.     Frustrated is putting it mildly and im not the only one.  People much more "connected" than I am are just as frustrated if not more and are backing away...cause they dont want to be apart of something not being run right.    There is other things I would say..but wont put in an email to post to everyone.   But just because Ron is great on the issues John...doesn't mean he has the best decisions in staff or knowing who to hire or not ;)     This is a notorious issue for those close here in cd14.    Ron, on a personal level has this very "sheepish" personality when it comes to being agressive.    When giving a speach he is ok and good on issues..but making campaign decisions he has always relied upon those around him to just do things that he is oblivious to.   That's about all i will say.

                        I dont want anyone to be discouraged.  He needs a professional campaign staff...its not there right now at all and everyone close to things knows it.   Even those not close to things, but who have been around serious campaigns and are "seasoned" campaigners see's it too.      Ron does have his flaws too John.

                        Michael

                        From: "rlcmcallen" <pankratz@...>
                        To: RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com
                        Subject: [RLC-Action] Re: [RLCHouston] Don Zimmerman on phone calls
                        Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 04:24:42 -0000

                        Message 11 of 30 , Mar 25, 2007
                          I don't expect all RLC people to respect this, but I do you, Michael.

                          "Do not be called leaders; for One is your Leader, that is, Christ.
                          But the greatest among you shall be your servant. Whoever exalts
                          himself shall be humbled; and whoever humbles himself shall be exalted."
                          Jesus, quoted in the Gospel of Matthew 23:10-12

                          I for one have had my fill of preening peacocks. The very thing you
                          disparage is part of Dr. Paul's charm and appeal. It is the reason who
                          people believe him, whether they agree or not.
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                          Michal Franks wrote, among other things: "Ron, on a personal level has
                          this very "sheepish" personality when it comes to being agressive."
                        • Gary
                          Message 12 of 30 , Mar 26, 2007
                            HI Dave:
                            I have a list of Ron Paul guys on my computer right now. I have a list
                            of Republican Chairs on my computer. When would U want me to send them
                            to you? Anyone else? Please call me. GaryC

                            --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, Dave Nalle <dave@...> wrote:

                            <snip>

                            > If they aren't at the point as a campaign where they can do such
                            > basic things as organize their
                            > own phonebank, they may not be a great place for us to invest our
                            > personal efforts or our support as an organization.
                            >
                            > Dave
                          • Gary
                            Message 13 of 30 , Mar 26, 2007
                              I subscribe to the Dan Patrick format of winning elections. He
                              personally called all the preceint chairs in his district. All 120 or
                              so. Is Ron Paul calling 5 folks a day who he has not called before.
                              Well when I talk to em today, I will find out. I, Gary Coplin, am doing
                              that as much as possible. GaryC
                            • Gary
                              Message 14 of 30 , Mar 26, 2007
                                Hi Doug:
                                Would you have time to call Mark Elam @ (281) 484-1600 and coordinate
                                the bumper stickers for us. I think he will be @ work around 9:00 am
                                CST. GaryC

                                --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, DGHarrison <DGHarrison@...> wrote:

                                > That may be true, but as an individual, I much prefer to have some
                                good
                                > printed material to read. <snip>
                                > And when I say "good printed material" I mean something that doesn't
                                > look like a ransom note. The GOP is horrible about sending out push
                                mail
                                > with every other sentence presented in a different font. <snip>>
                                > Doug Harrison
                                > Minnesota
                              • michael franks
                                Message 15 of 30 , Mar 26, 2007

                                  ummm Gary..you realize I have a 15,000 sq foot print shop here in Texas ;)     bumperstickers are already printed!!!!   Will be going up and out nationwide soon!!!

                                  Michael

                                  www.texasgopstore.com

                                  From: "Gary" <gary_coplin@...>
                                  To: RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com
                                  Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 09:40:17 -0000

                                  Hi Doug:
                                  Would you have time to call Mark Elam @ (281) 484-1600 and coordinate
                                  the bumper stickers for us. I think he will be @ work around 9:00 am
                                  CST. GaryC

                                  --- In RLC-Action@yahoogro ups.com, DGHarrison <DGHarrison@ ...> wrote:

                                  > That may be true, but as an individual, I much prefer to have some
                                  good
                                  > printed material to read. <snip>
                                  > And when I say "good printed material" I mean something that doesn't
                                  > look like a ransom note. The GOP is horrible about sending out push
                                  mail
                                  > with every other sentence presented in a different font. <snip>>
                                  > Doug Harrison
                                  > Minnesota

                                • michael franks
                                  Message 16 of 30 , Mar 26, 2007

                                    Yes, and in Texas they are having a straw poll on the weekend of Aug 31st and Sept 1.  (i wonder if Ron's campaign even has a clue yet in DC?)   This is something that has never been done before?    Will be more along the lines of a State Convention!!!! but not one...to where all who are running will be invited to come speak to the party faithfull and that Sat, Sept 1 there will be an official staw poll of party activist.    Only those who have been a delegate to the past several state or national conventions are authorized to attend and vote.

                                    There was an unoffical call of just those on the state republican executive committe here in Texas of who they would support.  If this were 6 years ago, Ron would have been at the top. But he really hasn't been around, nor shown up much state wide to have "worked it" like most would have over the years.      Ron, even here in Texas amongst the very conservative srec folks, should be overwhelmingly in their minds?    Where is the campaign?     Do you know how that will look...if he can't even win his home state, amongst the most radical conservative bunch, who would be more along the lines of Ron Paul in ideology to begin with?    ie END the IRS, get out of the UN, give us all our guns back, NO CAFTA/NAFTA,  end the Dept of Education, total full school choice, restore the founders Republic, yadda yadda yadda, etc.

                                    By  September 1 this could be over for Ron, if he shows badly amongst the party faithful of his OWN STATE!!!!       They should be working NewHampshire, Iowa, and the first few primary/caucus states, as well as Texas, his BEST shot it would seem at winning a big state..his own!!!

                                    Where are the campaign emails and announcements going out?   There are folks on the SREC wanting to back Newt now.   Guilliani and McCain are TOAST here amongst the party grassroots.  The others are pushing Tancredo hard. etc.

                                    Michael

                                    ps. I printed Dan Patricks Texas-State Senate race ;)

                                    Message 17 of 30 , Mar 26, 2007
                                      Michael,

                                      I don't know about the 2006 convention because it was the first one at
                                      which I wasn't a delegate or alternate in maybe a decade.

                                      But are you forgetting about the 2004 State Contention when the RLC
                                      had about 1,000 in a ballroom and Ron Paul spoke? That wasn't 6 years
                                      ago.
                                    • George Blumel

                                        Message 19 of 30 , Mar 26, 2007

                                          George, every candidate and campaign needs people to help and to do things for them, as no one can do it all on their own. Ron's deal is that he has always "luckilly" had the right people around him...almost inspite of himself type of a thing.   They are the ones who went out and "made it happen" FOR HIM.    He is right on the issues, gives a good talk and is a patriot.   He obviously has guts in certain areas, like being the ONLY vote against something. He is just too sheepish in making the move campaign wise when he needs to.  Its always a "lets wait, sit back and see while I vascelate and decide".   Its in total contrast to what he does on the house floor and is a true dichotomy.   Boggles the mind and frustrates many. But he is going to do what he is going to do.    That being said,   do we just pick it up and do it for him yet one more time?   The other times he has run he had someone like an Elam, Lizzardo..and yes Eric and others on the ground that KNEW how to organize folks.      If he just gets that person to do this...and them just "go and do it for him", then we have a shot.

                                          Would just work better if the "official" campaign could give US back up.  It should be the other way around!!!!   Us assisting THEIR lead.     If Ron just shows up at things he needs to, the internet thing takes off and "WE" create the spin and coverage for him...then it can happen. But gosh..would be MUCH more easy if this were being run like the SERIOUS "professional" campaign it should be.

                                          I will do what I am about to do nation wide for him regardless.  If Ron is failing to snap it together and realize he doesn't have the right people running things in house yet and fail in his duty to run his own campaign right and do so NOW, doesn't mean that I will fail in my duty to help him still, as incompetent and "clueless" as I think the campaign is at this point.

                                          Michael

                                          From: "George Blumel" <gblumel@...>
                                          To: <RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com>

                                          Message 20 of 30 , Mar 26, 2007

                                            This is what is not a good sign. In the state where just 6 years ago Ron "wow'ed" them at the State Republican Convention, as well as at the NFRA event in Dallas that I pulled off getting him to speak at, as well as when he addressed the State Republican Executive Committe, when once again, I got him to be the keynote speaker at our Dec 2001 meeting I think it was?

                                            Ron never "worked it" after that.  Several of us were TRYING to set Ron up for a potential US Senate race back then.   We even did a statewide poll to see what Ron's chances would be back then. (ok, hardly ANYONE even knows about this..but a few of us put it together and did it, including Eric)

                                            If and had Ron been "working it" over the years he would be really known statewide.  I tried!!!!    I was the biggest cheerleader in all of the Texas State Party for Ron.  ALWAYS pitching and promoting him while I was on the State Republican Executive Committee.    Ron has just wained in popularity in Texas, just because he hasnt' been there or shown up much...and never gets any publicity much. He COULD and SHOULD be on the houston radio circuit with a "weekly update" or even his once a week radio show.  etc.     Ron doesn't want to "promote himself as he is too humble.  But at the same time this is the political arena, no one will know who you are if you do not.    People are fogotten about quickly too.    Your a hero one day, then "who is that guy" the next.

                                            Trust me...I and a few others have tried over the years!!!!

                                            Read the article below from last weeks Dallas Morning News.    Notice how there is NO MENTION of Ron Paul anywhere!!!!     People in TEXAS do not even know he is running or serious.  This is the state where he would MOST be known!!!   and especially amongst the party faithful, who are more inline with his ideology.

                                            Jan Cansino, mentioned in the article and her husband are full on with us on ideology.  In fact, at that meeting back in 2001 where I pulled off getting Ron to be the main speaker to the party, her husband and Ron saw each other..and Ron instantly knew who he was.   They were BOTH apart of Ron's US SENATE race back in 1984!!!! As well as supported him in 1988 I do believe?

                                            When someone like Jan on the SREC doesn't even mention you as one of her choices for President....thats not a good sign!!!!

                                            Ron is his own worst enemy in the lack of his willingness to "work it", show up and speak to the party regulars.   He almost thumbs his nose at it and does the inverse.

                                            There is no reason he should not be polling higher amongst the SREC than he is now.    Shows past detachment since 2000, a lack of pr, and a current lack of promotion, marketing, campaigning, and even basic "awareness" in his home state.

                                            Not to discourage anyone, but just stating the truth of the reality of the situation and what we have to work with.

                                            Ron should have 35-50% of the SREC, that he does not is disturbing to me. (they had a meeting last week or so I do believe..was Ron even there? Was there a campaign presence from anyone?   Any literature to give out? A "Ron Paul for President" campaign crew out in force? Did he host any of the events or lunch or even show up to speak or send anyone?)

                                            I swear someone needs to get me in the campaign structure and  some of these "basic" things would start happening.  or call Doug Lorenz or someone to help...for gosh sakes anyone of us with campaign 101 savvy, street tested, just have that "brain" for this kind of stuff in here!!!!

                                            Michael

                                            Former Texas State Republican Executive Committee SD18

                                            State GOP leaders not enthusiastic about front-runners

                                            11:55 PM CDT on Monday, March 19, 2007

                                            By WAYNE SLATER / The Dallas Morning News
                                            wslater@...

                                            AUSTIN � None of the GOP presidential front-runners has generated much support among Republican Party loyalists in Texas, whose early favorite to head the ticket in 2008 hasn't even announced � Newt Gingrich.

                                            Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney have few enthusiastic backers on the State Republican Executive Committee.

                                            Support for Arizona Sen. John McCain in the party's governing body appears near zero, according to The Dallas Morning News canvass of committee members.

                                            "I can definitely tell you that if John McCain were the candidate, I probably wouldn't vote," said Ellen Guthrie, a committee member from Tyler.

                                            She and others cited Mr. McCain's push of campaign finance legislation and his past conflicts with Christian conservatives.

                                            By contrast, Mr. Gingrich, the former House speaker who has yet to say whether he'll run for president, is mentioned more often among the party faithful who have a preference than any other potential nominee.

                                            "He's a philosophical champion and communicator," said Clint Moore of Spring. "If I had money in Vegas, I'd put it on Gingrich right now."

                                            The 62-member executive committee, elected from senatorial districts, tends to be more conservative than Republican voters as a whole. But members carry influence in George W. Bush's home state, especially in a fast-moving political season in which Texas may move up its primary.

                                            The results not only suggest that Republicans are divided or even uninterested in the current field, but also that party insiders are trying to balance the desire for philosophical purity with the need to pick the most electable candidate against Democrats.

                                            "I'm a little distressed that we don't have a Reagan and can say, 'That's my man,' " said Benona Love of Amarillo. "Instead, we have a number of people who all have strong qualities but with feet of clay, unfortunately, like all men do."

                                            Many decline preference

                                            The News reached more than 70 percent of the GOP committee. Half had no preference, saying it was too early. Of those with an opinion, Mr. Gingrich was the favorite of 29 percent.

                                            Colorado Rep. Tom Tancredo, an ardent advocate of immigration enforcement, and Mr. Giuliani were preferred by 19 percent. But members cited shortcomings with both � Mr. Tancredo's low name identification and Mr. Giuliani's support of abortion rights and gun control.

                                            The Texas GOP has scheduled a presidential straw poll Aug. 31 and Sept. 1 in Fort Worth, and many of the White House hopefuls are expected. Meanwhile, Texas is considering switching its primary to Feb. 5 from March, making the delegate-rich state more important in the nomination process.

                                            Mr. Giuliani, who today headlines a fundraiser in Collin County and a rally at American Airlines Center's outdoor plaza, leads national polls of GOP voters. Backers tout his record as mayor and his response to the 9/11 attacks.

                                            "We need a strong candidate with good name ID and a good record and someone who's well liked and can garner some votes from independent Americans. And I think Giuliani is that guy," said John Fowler, a GOP committee member from Dallas.

                                            But others question whether religious conservatives would embrace a candidate such as Mr. Giuliani because of some of his moderate views on social issues.

                                            "I'm certainly not going to support somebody that I don't think is going to hold spending down and continue to fight the battle for the Reagan social conservative agenda," said Jane Cansino of Lubbock. "So it's not just about pragmatism, it's about principle."

                                            Ms. Cansino said she is not surprised Mr. Gingrich tops the list, but added: "My two favorites are dark horses: Tancredo and [California Rep.] Duncan Hunter. Whether they can get enough traction to get into the race, I don't know."

                                            Mr. Gingrich recently admitted his past marital infidelity on James Dobson's Christian radio show, saying his affair with a House aide was at the same time he was attacking Bill Clinton over the Monica Lewinsky scandal.

                                            Mr. Moore of Spring, who said he'd like to see a Gingrich-Jeb Bush ticket in 2008, called the affair "a minor tarnish" on an otherwise strong conservative resume.

                                            "If he didn't have the extramarital affair, he'd be as perfect as Reagan in every other way," Mr. Moore said.

                                            Weighing in on Romney

                                            In his appeal to social conservatives, a key part of the GOP base, Mr. Romney has abandoned his past support for abortion rights. The former Massachusetts governor is backed by 14 percent of the Texas party insiders who were contacted and expressed a preference.

                                            "He lives his values, not just talks about them," said Tim Hoy of Dallas.

                                            "Many of my fellow Christians may have doubts about him being a Mormon. But if you look at the predominantly Mormon state of Utah, they have a young average population age and yet a low rate of crime, out-of-wedlock births and a high rate of intact families," he said. "If Mormanism is a cult, with those characteristics, I would suggest that's a cult we could use more of."

                                            Still, some members said they were suspicious.

                                            "When I look at Mitt, to me he looks plastic. I'm afraid he's just mouthing the words," said Russ Duerstine of San Angelo. "He says a lot of the right things, but I'm not sure he's for real."

                                            With the Texas primary nearly a year away and no consensus candidate yet emerging from the pack, would-be nominees have been making stops in the state, mostly to raise money.

                                            The GOP straw poll should give the party's rank and file an up-close look at the candidates, say executive committee members.

                                            Until then, said Clyde Siebman of Sherman, "We have a cakewalk. The music is still playing and people are still walking in the circle."

                                          • michael franks
                                            Message 21 of 30 , Mar 26, 2007

                                              Yes, I know. It was actually 2002 when I first started the concept of an RLC reception!!!!   Since I was on the SREC, I was able to secure a suite.  We had Land Commissioner Jerry Patterson and Ron Paul set to speak in my suite.   We promoted it, got the word out..I had already sent emails out statewide to the delegates before the convention and it was a sucess.  We packed that suite and had to have 2 showings!!!     I TOLD everyone it would work..and it did!!!

                                              (as if I ever get credit for my political savvy and understanding campaign dynamics..haha)

                                              So in 2004, they knew it would need a bigger room, as I knew too, and turned into a normal reception that others took my concept and ran with the planning of it.  (i didnt have time anyway)

                                              But John, that was still a come and go type thing, not him speaking before the entire convention with the same level of attention and "prime time" spot as he got in 2000.  He spoke around when Kay did and Congressman Barton..he made Barton look silly....haha, and Kay boring.  Was a "prime time" performance.    Not the same as having 1,000 coming into a reception to eat free food and goodies, with all the other receptoins going on too.    ;)      Was still good and succesfull, but not the same thing as 2000 by far.

                                              Ron even got PRESS coverage back in 2000 for having gotten the grass roots going and recieved more applause and standing ovations than anyone.          He could have taken that, gotten a delegate list of all of Texas, put that into an email newsletter or mailer and propelled himself into STATEWIDE notariaty.     ANYONE with any future higher office ambition would have done so.

                                              Ron just wont do it.

                                               Michael

                                              Message 22 of 30 , Mar 27, 2007
                                                I'm trying to figure out what George means by "Ron Paul for President
                                                correspondence." If he means Michael and Eric's slams he is basing
                                                his reaction on the opinions of two persons, who, for whatever reason
                                                and without assigning motive, are doing Ron more harm than good.

                                                Have you noticed the recent drumbeat from the media and Republican
                                                power brokers for Fred Thompson? I think they have decided that he's
                                                perfect for their purposes. It looks like we're going to be handed
                                                another actor to be the public persona that they can use to be the
                                                mouthpiece for our real rulers. A real statesman is not necessary.
                                                Just a good actor. I recently received an email from a highly placed
                                                operative in the Republican Party calling herself a "Fredhead" and
                                                puffing him for all she was worth. Today there is a piece in
                                                WorldNetDaily trying to get people on board. It's really sinister, I
                                                tell you.
                                                http://worldnetdaily.com/news/printer-friendly.asp?ARTICLE_ID=54872

                                                Just in case anyone is really serious and interested in helping push
                                                Ron Paul to the top, this piece explains exactly what will be
                                                necessary in the next ten months for Ron to do. He must gain the
                                                support of the evangelical right in the Republican primaries. To do
                                                that he will have to convince them that uncritical support of the
                                                modern secular state of Israel is not demanded by God.

                                                http://www.theconservativevoice.com/article/23766.html#

                                                To do this he will have to enlist the good offices of some prominent
                                                evangelical leaders, and his Christian supporters will have to
                                                organize an entire theological movement to snap the churches out of
                                                their hymnotic trance brought on by charismatic preachers who confuse
                                                the Scofield notes with the Word of God.

                                                If you don't come from that background you may not understand what
                                                this means, but trust me, the Moral Majority crowd is critical to Ron
                                                Paul's victory in the Republican primaries, at least in a lot of
                                                states, including Texas.

                                                We have a year more or less to move the culture. It remains to be seen
                                                if we care enough to do it.

                                                John P.

                                                Message 23 of 30 , Mar 27, 2007

                                                  John, remember, im a suporter of Ron still, Eric is not.   Assesing the situation, being REAL and HONEST about it and who our candidate is, what is or is not happening with the campaign, is a good healthy thing.   It would be like those who back Perry here in Texas and ignore all the other aspects about him, putting their heads in the sand and not REALLY being real and honest with themselves.     That is all I am doing.   People all over are asking "whats going on"? "why are they not doing this or that"? etc.      I am just answering with truth, first hand knowledge, experience, as I have seen, witnessed, and beheld with my own eyes and using my own background to asses it.                 Some of what I have commented on is not "my opinion" but some of it is fact.

                                                  In our "zeal" to want Ron to win and get elected, we do need to be real, honest, asses who our candidate is and is NOT,  for us to have better insight and knowledge in approaching things.

                                                  I am on board man.....regardless of Ron's personal "issues", faults and chronic areas of weakness.   Trust me...there is more I COULD say with names, comments, quotes from his own staff, reveal their own personal frustrations, etc.  but THAT would be counterproductive and just "nocking" him for no reason, which im not going to do, but just keep to myself...plus..it would put some in a very "awkward" position that I wont do.

                                                  and like I said, I am going to do some things on my own effort nationwide!!!!

                                                  All of my emails and coorespondance going out to others outside of "us" will be positive, Ron is the best thing ever,   etc.    but WE have to realize and be honest with our candidate and his campaign.

                                                  Some might not like to hear it....but all I spoke was truth.     I hope Ron will get it together and get the right people running his campaign.  There is nothing to do or that can be done about the past and what Ron "coulda, woulda, and SHOULDA" been doing over the years.  What he CAN do is focus on today and what needs to be done now.   ...and us to realize where things are and why, work around it if not inSPITE of it, for the geater good to get the man elected!!!!

                                                  I will do all I can with my knowledge and capacites.

                                                  Michael

                                                  From: "rlcmcallen" <pankratz@...>
                                                  To: RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com
                                                  Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 17:49:00 -0000