RE: Ron Paul $100

  • AULibertarians@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 11, 2007
      Not to offend anyone, but my observations, as someone who
      has been involved in campaigns in the past, is that the Ron
      Paul for President campaign as it's currently constructed
      could not even win a race for City Council.

      They don't reply to phone calls, they don't reply to e-mails,
      their website is in shambles, they have no volunteer
      coordination structure, they don't communicate with their
      supporters, they don't put out releases to the press, and
      they don't get any media attention for their candidate.

      WHAT DO THEY DO?

      As most of you know, I stopped supporting Ron Paul's
      presidential bid.  I'm not interested in campaignign to lose.
      I used to do that while in the LP.  I left the LP to campaign
      to *win*.

      Gary, I will not donate an ounce of time or money to this
      campaign. IT IS A WASTE OF EVERYONE'S TIME and
      there is a helluva lot of other things we could be doing to
      promote libertarian ideals. (Defending Senator Sununu's
      Senate seat, in my view, should be among the RLC's top
      priorities.)

      Regards,
      Aaron

      In a message dated 3/11/2007 3:23:01 PM Central
      Daylight Time, DGHarrison@... wrote:
      This "campaign" has got to get its poop in a pile and stop
      dicking around. People are spinning their wheels and
      burning out tires for a candidate they believe in, but this
      candidate is getting off to a crawl instead of hitting the
      ground running. The longer this exploration continues,
      the more fuel will burn up before the green flag drops.
      I'm afraind this "campaign" will lose supporters just
      because it looks like a non starter.

      Aaron

      "And I want every one of you ... 100 senators to look in that
      camera, and you tell your people back home what you think.
      Don’t hide anymore. That is the essence of our responsibility.
      And if we’re not willing to do it, we’re not worthy to be seated
      right here. We fail our country. If we don’t debate this we are
      not worthy of our country. We fail our country."
      - Sen. Chuck Hagel (R-NE) urging an open debate on Iraq policy

      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 11, 2007
        Are we looking at the same website??  Go to www.RonPaulExplore.com, go to the "Contribute" page, and right at the top of the online contribution form is an option entitled "Downloadable Donation Form Here".  The downloadable donation form gives the s-mail address I gave below.  True, it's different than the address on the home page, but I don't think that's particularly unusual.  If anything, it demonstrates that the campaign has a multi-office organization.

        Jeff Palmer - jap@...
         * * *
        Quote of the Week:  “There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.” -- Henry David Thoreau

        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 12, 2007
          Until a week or so ago I was a registered independent.  I changed my party affiliation to Republican for one reason and one reason only: so I would be able to vote for Ron Paul if in the Republican Primary next year.  He is the only Republican in years for whom I have even considered voting. I joined RLC for the same reason.

          If Ron Paul could never win a city council race, how is it that he managed to win several terms in the US House of Representatives?