Re: [RLC-Action] Ron Paul $100

  • Ralph Mullinger
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 11 12:16 PM
      Gary,  I sent that amount last month.  Hope it counts.              Ralph

      Gary <gary_coplin@...> wrote:
      I am going to conduct an experiment. I am going to ask everyone who
      supports DR. Ron Paul to send in $100 to 837 W. Plantation Clute, TX
      77531. It can not be more then $100 and it can not be less then $100.
      I do not care how U send it. Figure it out with Google.
      https://www. ronpaulexplore. com/forms/ contribute. cfm
      Please make this a top priority. It needs to be done by end of biz on
      March 14. It can not be done after that time. If U can not do it by
      that time, then do not send it. Just make it happen. Please forward
      this email to everyone else in your email address book file. Please
      forward this out to all the yahoo groups that U belong too. The focus
      of that yahoo group does not matter. Please do a blast send to all the
      chat rooms and buddy list that you have. Regards GaryC

      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 11 1:21 PM
        jap@... wrote: The s-mail address *is* on the website:
        Ron Paul 2008
        Presidential Exploratory Committee
        837 W. Plantation Dr. • Clute, TX 77531
        www.RonPaulExplore.com 1-800-Ron-Paul

        Okay. I see it on the home page, but I was given a link to the contribute page to send money via the Internet, and that page didn't provide a snail mail address. Usually, there is a format that allows you to fill in the blanks and then either click "send" or  "print" for a hard copy to mail to the snail mail address. When I tried to fill out the form so I could use it to send a check instead of a credit card account number, the form wouldn't let me continue. It requires a credit account number, and again, I'm not sending credit card information but wish to send a check. I know I am not the only one who refuses to send anything but checks. Some folks won't even send a check, but would rather further protect their financial data by sending only money orders.

        When I clicked on "contact," I didn't find any addresses of any sort. There was a narrow slot at the bottom of the contribute page, but nothing was there. Now that I've gone back to that contribute page, I clicked on the down arrow to get to the data, but it didn't appear, so I clicked on the up arrow, and the data came in one line at a time from the bottom up. Maybe it's just my computer, but I'll bet others have this trouble as well. That page is poorly formatted. You'd think that someone with as much savvy as a long-term Congressman would get a gifted webmaster, especially since everyone is saying Ron Paul's campaign will necessarily be a grassroots Internet venture.

        Finally, the address you provide above is different from the address on the home page. I hope you understand that this little bit of non conformity raises red flags in my mind as well as the minds of others.

        837 W. Plantation Drive, Clute, TX 77531
        850 N. Randolph Street, Suite 122, Arlington, VA 22203 (from the Ron Paul Exploratory website)

        This "campaign" has got to get its poop in a pile and stop dicking around. People are spinning their wheels and burning out tires for a candidate they believe in, but this candidate is getting off to a crawl instead of hitting the ground running. The longer this exploration continues, the more fuel will burn up before the green flag drops. I'm afraind this "campaign" will lose supporters just because it looks like a non starter.

      • Steven Redlich
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 11 7:01 PM
          On Sun, 11 Mar 2007, DGHarrison wrote:

          > Okay. I see it on the home page, but I was given a link to the contribute
          > page to send money via the Internet, and that page didn't provide a snail
          > mail address. Usually, there is a format that allows you to fill in the
          > blanks and then either click "send" or "print" for a hard copy to mail to
          > the snail mail address. When I tried to fill out the form so I could use it
          > to send a check instead of a credit card account number, the form wouldn't
          > let me continue. It requires a credit account number, and again, I'm not
          > sending credit card information but wish to send a check. I know I am not the
          > only one who refuses to send anything but checks. Some folks won't even send
          > a check, but would rather further protect their financial data by sending
          > only money orders.

          There is a link on the contribute page to a PDF Form you can print and
          mail in. On the right side of the gray line.

          > This "campaign" has got to get its poop in a pile and stop dicking around.
          > People are spinning their wheels and burning out tires for a candidate they
          > believe in, but this candidate is getting off to a crawl instead of hitting
          > the ground running. The longer this exploration continues, the more fuel will
          > burn up before the green flag drops. I'm afraind this "campaign" will lose
          > supporters just because it looks like a non starter.

          Paul will announce on Monday!
          http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/politics/4619492.html

          Steve
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 11 7:17 PM
            There is a link on the contribute page to a PDF Form you can print and mail in. On the right side of the gray line. -- Steve

            Okay. I see it now, but only after you told me where to look. I didn't realize I was looking for the green text that almost disappears on a gray background. I don't play dungeons and dragons, so I'm not in the habit of rolling my cursor over things to see if there's something hidden behind an object. Again, the webpage design needs to be improved. Visitors shouldn't have to search so hard for something like that.

          • AULibertarians@aol.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 11 7:22 PM
              Not to offend anyone, but my observations, as someone who
              has been involved in campaigns in the past, is that the Ron
              Paul for President campaign as it's currently constructed
              could not even win a race for City Council.

              They don't reply to phone calls, they don't reply to e-mails,
              their website is in shambles, they have no volunteer
              coordination structure, they don't communicate with their
              supporters, they don't put out releases to the press, and
              they don't get any media attention for their candidate.

              WHAT DO THEY DO?

              As most of you know, I stopped supporting Ron Paul's
              presidential bid.  I'm not interested in campaignign to lose.
              I used to do that while in the LP.  I left the LP to campaign
              to *win*.

              Gary, I will not donate an ounce of time or money to this
              campaign. IT IS A WASTE OF EVERYONE'S TIME and
              there is a helluva lot of other things we could be doing to
              promote libertarian ideals. (Defending Senator Sununu's
              Senate seat, in my view, should be among the RLC's top
              priorities.)

              Regards,
              Aaron

              In a message dated 3/11/2007 3:23:01 PM Central
              Daylight Time, DGHarrison@... wrote:
              This "campaign" has got to get its poop in a pile and stop
              dicking around. People are spinning their wheels and
              burning out tires for a candidate they believe in, but this
              candidate is getting off to a crawl instead of hitting the
              ground running. The longer this exploration continues,
              the more fuel will burn up before the green flag drops.
              I'm afraind this "campaign" will lose supporters just
              because it looks like a non starter.

              Aaron

              "And I want every one of you ... 100 senators to look in that
              camera, and you tell your people back home what you think.
              Don’t hide anymore. That is the essence of our responsibility.
              And if we’re not willing to do it, we’re not worthy to be seated
              right here. We fail our country. If we don’t debate this we are
              not worthy of our country. We fail our country."
              - Sen. Chuck Hagel (R-NE) urging an open debate on Iraq policy

              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 11 8:23 PM
                Are we looking at the same website??  Go to www.RonPaulExplore.com, go to the "Contribute" page, and right at the top of the online contribution form is an option entitled "Downloadable Donation Form Here".  The downloadable donation form gives the s-mail address I gave below.  True, it's different than the address on the home page, but I don't think that's particularly unusual.  If anything, it demonstrates that the campaign has a multi-office organization.

                Jeff Palmer - jap@...
                 * * *
                Quote of the Week:  “There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.” -- Henry David Thoreau

                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 12 4:43 PM
                  Until a week or so ago I was a registered independent.  I changed my party affiliation to Republican for one reason and one reason only: so I would be able to vote for Ron Paul if in the Republican Primary next year.  He is the only Republican in years for whom I have even considered voting. I joined RLC for the same reason.

                  If Ron Paul could never win a city council race, how is it that he managed to win several terms in the US House of Representatives?