Re: [RLCMN] Opening the Books to the Public

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 16, 2007
      This was my first response to the request for public input:
      You indicate that the following information will be made available:

         1. the name of the entity receiving the award;
         2. the amount of the award;
         3. information on the award including transaction type,
            funding agency, etc;
         4. the location of the entity receiving the award; and
         5. a unique identifier of the entity receiving the award.

      In addition to that information, we must also have the following:

         6. the names of the persons responsible for requesting
            the awards;
         7. the relationships between those requesting the awards
            and those receiving the awards;
         8. the bills in which the awards appeared;
         9. the names of the lawmakers who voted "for," "against,"
            or "present"; and
        10. periodic follow-up reports on whether the awards were
            wasted or put to good use by the entities that received
            them.