Newsmax poll !!!! Ron is on it. CLICK HIM ON

  • michael franks
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 15, 2007

        http://www.newsmax.com/poll/giuliani/?PROMO_CODE=2D18-1

      The poll is really to test Giuliani's strength or not, but has a question of who WOULD you vote for and a list to pic from that Ron is on!!!!

      This is a biggie amongst conservative grassroots.

      Michael

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 16, 2007
          There has been much hoopla about Giuliani [he cannot be all bad he & I both supported McGovern in 1972---funny he doesn't mention that] and one person at my discussion group [libertarianrepublicans@yahoogroups.com---shameless plug] says Rudy is at 66%. If so he's peaked way too early---he can only go down.

          Remember at "this" point for the Dem. nomination Howard Dean was all but nominated.

          your most faithful and obedient servant

          Alan Turin

        • michael franks
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 16, 2007

            I agree, Rudy will start to drop when the right wing of the party starts to jump all on him. As well as 2nd amendment right groups.  The majority of voters are not aware of what he does or doesn't stand for yet, but only see's him as a "strong leader" (which is what he is plugging himself as)  (Hitler, Clinton, Ramases II were "strong leaders" too...but what were they leading is the main issue?)

            I think he will drop, question is for him to do so someone has to rise? Whom will that be?  Ron? Hunter? Tancredo? or will Republicans not being happy with McCain or Ruddy move over to someone like Newt for a more "notariable" candidate to get behind?   Mitt is history before he even gets going I think on his abortion and gay flip flops?

            Main thing is what do we need to do?  Keep pumping up and promoting these polls each and every time we see one, promote Ron in our local area Republican circles, and some ideas I have to help do that coming soon ;) ;) ;)

            Michael

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 16, 2007
              After today's vote in the House on the "surge" - I wonder how it will
              impact Ron Paul's candidacy.

              For some reason I listened awhile to pretty boy Hannity today. He read
              a list of all the house Republicans who voted for the no-confidence
              resolution, and you could just hear him curl his ladykilling lips and
              almost spit as he pronounced Ron Paul's name.

              No doubt about it, the neocons and moneybags kingmakers in the
              Republican Party hate our hero. I assume that by extension they hate
              us as well.

              I didn't vote in the Newsmax poll since it requires too many personal
              answers and puts me on their mailing list. Do any of you trust the
              intentions of Mr. Bozell and his minions?

              If a grassroots campaign can defeat the neocon controlled media we'd
              better get started.
            • George Blumel

                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 16, 2007
                  Do you refer to L. Brent Bozell head of Media Research Center? I don't think he has "minions" --he runs the biggest and best media watchdog group dedicated to bringing fairness and balance to the entertainment and news media.   http://www.mrc.org/bios/lbb/welcome.asp    Or, did you mean NewsMax's Christopher Ruddy?

                  As to your unnecessarily vitriolic reference to another great American for supposedly hating Ron Paul and by extension "us" --that is an incorrect evaluation of Hannity's intention when he listed the Republicans who have joined the "cut and run" school of John Murtha, et al. There happens to be a significant number of us who believe the war is just and necessary for the defense of our country now and for the future.  Militant Islam is not going to sit still because we don't fight back. And now that we are in a war is no time to be showing weakness and a lack of resolve in fighting our enemies.  It is expected that Democrats will want the US to lose in order to gain political power for themselves. There is a word for that. And it goes double for Republicans because they are expected to be on a higher moral plane.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 17, 2007
                    > http://www.newsmax.com/poll/giuliani/?PROMO_CODE=2D18-1
                    > This is a biggie amongst conservative grassroots.

                        There's no harm in responding to these various on-line polls,
                    nor any fault in alerting others. BUT, I'm not sure that they're
                    of *any consequence* in the real political world.

                        In this particular case, the "PROMO_CODE" is a selected
                    commercial advertisement that appears after the poll. You
                    can respond by deleting this portion, but *somebody* is
                    getting financial credit for every execution of that code.
                        Moreover, I searched the Newsmax site and couldn't
                    find any report of the results. It may well be that the tally
                    is being *sold* to the Giuliani campaign, along with your
                    email address and name.

                        The object is not to simply generate the superficial
                    *appearance of support*, but to actually gain support for
                    the Ron Paul. I'm not sure that poll results have any
                    significant influence on any voter, except to entrench
                    their own minority or majority opinions.
                        Better to mention Ron Paul's name to *one neighbor*,
                    or a local GOP gathering, than click a hundred on-line
                    polls.