What to do NOW for the Ron Paul campaign

  • Philip Blumel
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2007
      Fellow RLCers,

      The potential Ron Paul campaign is a great opportunity to promote
      the RLC and expand our network in the GOP -- whether or not he
      actually runs! Here is a post I sent to a couple Ron Paul Yahoo
      groups. You might consider pushing a similar line among Ron Paul
      fans in your state.

      -- Philip Blumel, www.rlcfl.org

      +++++

      Friends,

      If we are serious about a Ron Paul campaign, we need to get started
      ASAP. Non-election years are the easiest time to secure seats on
      county Republican Executive Committees and of course we can always
      join our local GOP clubs. We need to get Ron supporters in as many
      GOP clubs as possible *before* the presidential campaigns get into
      high gear.

      This is crucial, as these positions will be invaluable for setting
      up speaking events and fundraisers for Ron and they will also give
      us direct access to Republican primary voters. Through these venues
      we can participate in the crucial intraparty straw polls.

      Here's what I recommend right away:

      1. Join your local municipal or county GOP club, or run for a seat
      on the county REC. If you are under 40, join the Young Republicans.
      Attend their monthly meetings.

      2. Plug in to the libertarian network in the GOP. Join the
      Republican Liberty Caucus (RLC) at:
      http://www.rlc.org/Pay/Dues.asp? ref=RLCFL

      3. Show Ron you want him to run. Send a nominal contribution to the
      Ron Paul 2008 PEC, 837 W. Plantation Drive, Clute, TX 77531. You can
      send more later if he officially announces.

      This is a great opportunity for the libertarian movement. Let's make
      the most of it.

      -- Philip Blumel, www.rlcfl.org
    • Daniel Quintiliani
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2007
        Philip Blumel wrote:

        > Friends,
        >
        > If we are serious about a Ron Paul campaign, we need to get started
        > ASAP.

        Joining the local Republican Committee? That might be a good idea. I'll
        have to think about that.

        My blog, "Unofficial Ron Paul for President 2008 Blog,"
        <http://ronpaul2008.pikecountycomputer.com/>, is slowly chugging along.

        The Web site opened on 1/30 (Tuesday). According to my sponsor, Google
        AdSense, there have been 13 visits to the page since then, and that
        doesn't include people who block out the ads, and plenty do. According
        to Technorati, someone else's blog entitled "Skull/Bones" already links
        to one of my posts, unfortunately that is a blog which is rather
        critical of Paul.

        I have already added the blog to Wikipedia, and have e-mailed
        Politics1.com with a request to add it under their section on Paul's
        2008 race. If you have a blog, and support Ron Paul for President, feel
        free to "blogroll" me, and I may blogroll you as well. The more
        blogrolls, the better, since the position will rise on Google and
        Technorati and give the Paul race more press.

        According to polls mentioned in my blog, Paul gets 1% of the vote,
        though 12-15% are undecided, which means there is still plenty of time
        for this race to get more press.

        -Dan