Re: ACTION ITEM: RLCers, please Join your Local Draft Board!

  • Eric Dondero Rittberg
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 30, 2007
      John, I'm sorry. I can't help you. I live in Houston and only have
      the vacancies for the Houston area.

      There are two other Libertarian Board Members in the US: One in St.
      Louis, the other an RLCer in Connecticut. They can help you with
      those two regions.

      You're just going to have to take the initiative and do some hunting
      around. I suggest you start with your local town hall or post
      office. Or, check with the town clerk. Almost positive one of those
      three can point you in the right direction.

      As I said, DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME ON THE SELECTIVE SERVICE WEBSITE!
      Do it on your own with the local Commanders.

      --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, "John Conway"
      <citizenconway1010@...> wrote:

      > "Listed below" where? My zip is 34698
      >

      > John Conway
      > --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, Eric Dondero <ericdondero@>
      wrote:

      > > Hello RLC,
      > >
      > > As many of you know I serve as one of only two Libertarians in
      the
      > Nation who have a Federal Appointment to the Selective Service
      Board.
      > The other is Libertarian Party member Thomas Knapp in St. Louis.
      > >
      > > It is very easy to gain an appointment to an SS Board, so long
      as
      > there are vacancies in your area. It's a 20 year Federal
      Appointment.
      > You get a nice plaque and pin, and an all-expenses paid weekend
      vacation
      > "training session," in a nearby city.
      > >
      > > And most importantly, IT LOOKS GREAT ON A POLITICAL RESUME!!
      > >
      > > Think about it. Are you planning to run for public office?
      Maybe
      > City Council, Legislature or even Congress. Imagine being able to
      put
      > on your campaign brochure ahem, ahem... "20 Year Federal Appointee,
      > Selective Service Board." Quite impressive.
      > >
      > > I was the guest speaker yesterday to a group of 20 Libertarians
      on
      > this subject. They are now planning to apply for Selective Service
      > Board appointments. And the Selective Service is DESPERATE for
      Board
      > members.
      > >
      > > In my city of Houston alone, they need to fill 40 vacancies.
      > >
      > > This is what my local Commander just wrote to us in our
      quarterly
      > Newsletter:
      > >
      > > "2006 brough additional local board attrition. We severely need
      > your help to fill our remaining vacancies and to provide for future
      > losses. If you know someone that lives within the areas defined by
      the
      > counties or zip codes listed below, and who meets the minimum
      critera,
      > please ask them if they would be interested in serving... Minimum
      > criteria: At least 18 years of age, legal US citizen, not currently
      > Law Enforcement officer or Active Duty Military."
      > >
      > > Why join the Draft Board? Cause, if there ever is a Draft,
      which
      > appears now likely with Democrats in power, you could have ENORMOUS
      > influence in your local area in stopping young men from being
      Drafted
      > into Service. You are 1 vote out of 5, but that vote many times can
      > stop the young man from being Drafted.
      > >
      > > We DON'T NEED young men in our Military who do not want to be
      there.
      > Draftees make poor soldiers and sailors. Help preserve our
      > All-Volunteer Armed Forces!!! Join your local Draft Board.
      > >

      > > Libertarian Republicans
      > >
      > > Fiscally Conservative, Socially Tolerant & Pro-Defense!
      > >
      > > For the latest libertarian political news
      > http://www.mainstreamlibertarian.com
      > >
      > > Eric Dondero is a US Navy Veteran, former Libertarian Party
      National
      > Committeeman, Founder of the Republican Liberty Caucus and fmr.
      Senior
      > Aide to US Congressman Ron Paul R-TX. He is now a national
      Republican