Response to Andy Sparks on Draft Board

  • Eric Dondero
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2007
      (Bill Westmiller, please allow this to be posted to RLC-Action since it addresses a major concern raised by FL RLC Member Andy Sparks.  He asserts that if we join the Draft Board someone else could just be drafted in the place of the young man we vote "no" on.)

      You know Andy, I honestly do not have a comeback for that one.  You're right.  If we save one man from being drafted, no doubt someone else will go in his place.

      I guess our efforts must be on two fronts:  Keep the man from being drafted by using your Draft Board position. Work outside the Draft Board to ensure that the Draft is abolished.  And as a Draft Board member you will certainly get more recognition for such efforts.

      Incidentally, my Draft Board Commanders know full well I'm a libertarian and wish to abolish the Selective Service.  They even joke about it.  So, that indicates to me that one's political views on the matter outside of Draft Board responsibilities matter little.

      Libertarian Republicans

      Fiscally Conservative, Socially Tolerant & Pro-Defense!

      For the latest libertarian political news http://www.mainstreamlibertarian.com

      Eric Dondero is a US Navy Veteran, former Libertarian Party National Committeeman, Founder of the Republican Liberty Caucus and fmr. Senior Aide to US Congressman Ron Paul R-TX.  He is now a national Republican Political Consultant based in Houston, Texas.