Re: John Henke appointment

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2007
      Posted by: "Eric Dondero Rittberg" ericdondero@...
      > This is a huge victory for the RLC.  Wouldn't some sort of
      > press release be in order?

          Jon's hiring had little or nothing to do with the RLC. He had
      established his personal bona-fides at his blog [QandO.net]
      and had worked as a consultant for the George Allen Senate
      campaign. I certainly don't deserve any of the credit.

          There has been media coverage of his appointment and
      Jon has been keeping me up-to-date. I've offered him some
      suggestions, but the position is what he makes of it. He is
      certainly interested in advancing libertarian ideals, but this
      job isn't an *advocacy* position, it's a service position.

          We'll see how it develops. If he sees an opportunity to
      promote the RLC, he'll let me know.