Re: [RLC-Action] McCain?

  • George Blumel
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 29, 2006
      Republican leadership will back whoever they think can win -they don't care what his program may be or anything else. Winning elections is their goal.  What we have to do is recruit more people like us into the party and we need to get behind the most libertarian minded and work for them.  We must let the leadership know that there are certain people we will not back (I fully agree that McCain has disqualified himself). In my experience, the leadership usually consists mostly of big gov types and they think that promising more "freebies" from FedGov is important in getting voters on your side. Of course they can't outpromise the Dems so that is a loser from the beginning. As we have more influence in the party we can educate others on liberty, the Constitution and how we can win by doing the right thing --and not trying to outpromise the Dems.  One mistake often made by some of us is to begin with the premise that our Republican leadership is monolithic and conspiratorial and our enemy. They can be influenced by us if we get enough clout in the party. We have to build our membership and work, work, work and work smart.  Get in your Executive committees, use persuasion, be a leader yourself. A dedicated minority can accomplish wonders.         -Geo.