Updated list of elected/appointed libertarians

  • libertarian17
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 27, 2006
      Happy New Year.

      I have compiled two separate listings. Please bookmark these links.
      These are the most updated listings of libertarian elected officials
      available anywhere. I include small and large "L" libertarians because
      both have the same purpose in mind: reducing the size and scope of
      government. My view is that it is ridiculous to "not count" someone as
      a genuine libertarian simply because they have chosen an alternate
      strategy to get elected to public office. That view is reflected in
      both of
      these listings. If you are of the opinion that only large "L"
      Libertarians
      "count," there is no need for you to read on. The two listings
      include:

      Libertarian-leaning politicians: Includes freedom-oriented officials
      at
      the federal and state levels: http://chelm.freeyellow.com/how.html .

      Elected Libertarian Officials: Includes elected libertarians at the
      local level throughout the U.S.:
      http://chelm.freeyellow.com/libsusa.html .

      If you have an update, please submit it to me at
      aulibertarians@... .
      The national LP has not compiled an up-to-date listing of elected/
      appointed libertarians since around the year 2000. This is the first
      attempt to do so via private citizen initiative. Your help and
      understanding
      is appreciated. Please forward to others.

      For Liberty,
      Aaron

      "If you're serious about changing the world and you know
      that your philosophy is correct, you owe it to your philosophy
      to study how to win [elections]." -- Morton Blackwell