important! -- California RLC

  • Eric Dondero
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 26, 2006
      Another oldtime RLCer has resurfaced!!
      A little background.  When I started the RLC back in 1990, the Virginia and New Jersey affiliates of LROC (Libertarian Republican Organizing Committee) immediately signed on.  For a couple weeks the RLC consisted of Florida, New Jersey and Virginia.  Frank Gilbert of Arkansas signed on a few weeks after that.  And soon after, Earle Smith of Georgia accepted the position of GA State Coordinator.
      Then we got a bombshell!!  About two months after the founding of the RLC, the "Northern California Chairman" for LROC, Carl Nicolarri, called us up and offered to join us.  He was tired of dealing with Raimondo and Garris.
      I was stunned.  I immediately appointed him California Coordinator.  Carl was super active in those days.  He was a "Pete Wilsonite."  I think he even was part of the Wilson Administration.  Carl was more of a Moderate Republican who was Pro-Defense.  Not a die-in-the-wool libertarian.  He came out of that Tom Campbell/Ed Zschau wing of the California GOP.  But he was a great activist!
      Well, Carl lasted for about 2 years.  He sort of faded away, went into private business I believe.  I've often wondered whatever became of him??
      But before he left he recruited this young kid who was at UC-Berkeley (I believe?) at the time, to take over as California Coordinator.
      His name was Gordon Mohr.
      Gordon was a good looking guy.  Always dressed well.  Deeply commited libertarian.  He would man booths at various CA GOP functions for RLC.
      He even hosted an RLC hospitality suite at a GOP State Convention with a booth in the mid-1990s.  Gordon also had an official RLC meeting at that Convention which drew over 40 participants.
      Gordon served as our State Coordinator in California for about 6 or 7 years.  He faded from the scene in the late 1990s.  I never knew what became of him?
      Until now!!!
      This morning I see some commets from Gordon up at the REASON Magazine site in regards to the Libertarian Party.
      He even has his own web site.  No surprise he's a Techie.
      California RLC, PLEASE recruit Gordon back into the fold.  He's about as good an RLC activist as you'd ever find!!!
      And you won't have any problems tracking him down:

      Libertarian Republicans
      Fiscally Conservative, Socially Tolerant & Pro-Defense!
      For the latest libertarian political news http://www.mainstreamlibertarian.com
      Eric Dondero is a US Navy Veteran, former Libertarian Party National Committeeman, Founder of the Republican Liberty Caucus and fmr. Senior Aide to US Congressman Ron Paul R-TX.  He is now a national Republican Political Consultant based in Houston, Texas.