Re: Old hardcore RLC Activist Bill Greene resurfaces!!

  • Eric Dondero Rittberg
    Message 1 of 26 , Dec 25 2:04 PM
      Duuuude! You're serious. I've got my entire collection, which
      mirrors yours, of cassettes in two foam coolers in my garage. Most
      of them are still good.

      But doesn't matter these days.

      If you've got Sirius radio that's all you need in life.

      Sirius 31 is Pure Punk/New Wave from the '70's and '80s. And the
      good stuff!

      --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, Ray Holtorf <rayholtorf@...>
      wrote:

      > Geez Eric, don't forget me!
      >
      > I converted my entire pirated collection of Adam and the Ants, The
      Clash, Sex Pistols, The Police, P.I.L., The Plugz, Suicidal
      Tendancies, Black Flag et.al. cassettes into purchased CDs!

      > :-)
      >
      > Ray
      >
      > Eric Dondero Rittberg <ericdondero@...>
      wrote: Aaron, trust me, you don't
      know the real Bill Greene. I do. I knew
      > Bill way, way, way back in 1987/88 when he was a hardcore mohawk
      > wearing practically hobo Punk Rocker student at UNC-Greensboro.
      >
      > I'd say he's like Vox of World Net Daily. A sort of Christian
      Punk
      > Rocker libertarian conservative.
      >
      > I know that sounds like an odd mix, but it works for some.
      >
      > He may be Christian, but he's got Punk Rock values. And dare I
      say,
      > so do many other libertarian Republicans, Phil Blumel, Tom Walls,
      > myself, ect...
      >
      > --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, AULibertarians@ wrote:
      > >
      > > Dr. Greene has many connections with the religious right, Eric.
      > > It seems his politics have changed. See:
      > >
      > > William Greene's Right Wing Rapid Response Team
      > > http://www.mediatransparency.org/story.php?storyID=66
      > >
      > > RightMarch.com Teams With Minutemen on Mexican Border
      > > http://www.dakotavoice.com/200604/20060425_5.html
      > >

      > > Sincerely,
      > > ... Aaron
      > >
      > > Director of Chapter Development,
      > > Republican Liberty Caucus USA
      > > www.RLC.org
      > >
      > > "If you're serious about changing the world and you know
      > > that your philosophy is correct, you owe it to your philosophy
      > > to study how to win [elections]." -- Morton Blackwell

      > http://mail.yahoo.com

    • DJ Entropy
      Message 2 of 26 , Dec 25 4:24 PM
        You got nothin. I have 3500 records sitting right next to me.

        :)

        --
        ----------
        DJ Entropy

        "It's important to promote a culture of life." - President George W. Bush
        "Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants."
        --William Penn
        "Always stand on principle even if you stand alone." - John Adams
      • Eric Dondero Rittberg
        Message 3 of 26 , Dec 26 5:19 AM
          This is insane! You too DJ???

          Is it just a coincidence that all us old punk rockers have ended up
          in the libertarian Republican movement??

          Let's see now, I'm now counting: Phil Blumel, Tom Walls, DJ, William
          Greene, Ray Holtorf, and me. Brian Doherty of Reason too, but he's
          just a libertarian who largely disdains Republicans. And there's
          Vox Day over at WorldNetDaily.com too. And John Buckley of National
          Review called himself a "Punk Rock Republican" a few years back.

          A few weeks ago, I saw an old DVD of the Dead Kennedys history.
          Jello Biafra was running for Mayor of San Francisco. And he wasn't
          attacking Conservatives, he was bashing Jerry Brown and San
          Francisco liberals for being so inept and boring.

          Somebody ought to do a story on this libertarian-punk connection.

          --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, "DJ Entropy" <djentropy@...>

          Message 4 of 26 , Dec 26 11:31 AM
            Well, most of my records are from the rave scene, but I was a punk rocker
            before I got into all that.

            I saw the Rave scene as an electronic version of punk, and some of it was,
            but it got really really lame after a while...heh

            --
            ----------
            DJ Entropy
            America's #1 Hardcore DJ/producer
            http://www.djentropy.com
            http://livejournal.com/users/djentropy
            http://www.myspace.com/djentropy

            "It's important to promote a culture of life." - President George W. Bush
            "Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants."
            --William Penn
            "Always stand on principle even if you stand alone." - John Adams
          • Adam J. Bernay
            Message 5 of 26 , Dec 26 3:17 PM

              I guess I’m not “in”…  punk rock has never been something I liked…

              href="http://www.mediatransparency.org/story.php?storyID=66">http://www.mediatra nsparency. org/story. php?storyID= 66

              w:st="on"> USA

              #1 Hardcore DJ/producer
              > http://www.djentrop y.com
              > http://livejournal. com/users/ djentropy
              > http://www.myspace. com/djentropy
              >
              > "It's important to promote a culture of life." - President
              George
              W. Bush
              > "Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by
              tyrants."
              > --William Penn
              > "Always stand on principle even if you stand alone." - John
              Adams

            • Manwich
              Message 6 of 26 , Dec 26 5:09 PM
                I guess I am guilty too. I had a mohawk and listened to only punk rock
                in High School.
              • Adrian Augustine
                Message 7 of 26 , Dec 26 5:38 PM
                  Since many of us seem to be flying the punk rock flag, I'll volunteer that one can find the Clash, the Ramones, Social Distortion and Jawbreaker on my iPod along with a bunch of new school punk bands and (embarrassingly enough) the occassional ska band. In college I use to be a DJ at the schools radio station and would occasionaly book bands to play at the student union.

                  Maybe some outreach to sites like these could help the RLC:

                  http://www.conservativepunk.com/index.asp
                  http://www.rightwingclothing.com/

                  Adrian Augustine
                  Wisconsin

                  Manwich <manwichftl@...> wrote:
                  I guess I am guilty too. I had a mohawk and listened to only punk rock
                  in High School.

                  __

                  http://mail.yahoo.com

                • George Blumel
                  Message 8 of 26 , Dec 26 6:04 PM
                    There is no accounting for taste.

                    face="High Tower Text" color=#000080>ericdondero@...> wrote:

                    >> This is
                    insane!  You too DJ???

                    >> Is it just a coincidence
                    that all us old punk rockers have ended up
                    >> in the libertarian
                    Republican movement??

                    wrote:

                    >>> You got nothin.  I have 3500 records
                    sitting right next to me.

                    :)

                    <ericdondero@...> wrote:

                    Duuuude!  You're serious.  I've got my entire collection, which
                    >> Most
                    good.

                    days.

                    that's all you need in life.

                    is Pure Punk/New Wave from the '70's and '80s.  And the

                    --- In
                    RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, Ray Holtorf <rayholtorf@>

                    Adam and the Ants,
                    >> The
                    Police, P.I.L., The Plugz, Suicidal
                    et.al. cassettes into purchased CDs!

                    Ray

                    <ericdondero@>

                    wrote:                                  Aaron, trust me, you
                    >> don't
                    Greene.  I do.  I knew
                    way back in 1987/88 when he was a hardcore
                    >> mohawk
                    UNC-Greensboro.

                    he's like Vox of World Net Daily.  A sort of Christian

                    Punk
                    conservative.

                    that sounds like an odd mix, but it works for some.

                    Rock values.  And dare I
                    Tom
                    >> Walls,
                    ect...

                    href="http://www.dakotavoice.com/200604/20060425_5.html">http://www.dakotavoice.com/200604/20060425_5.html

                    Sincerely,
                    Chapter  Development,
                    Liberty Caucus USA
                    href="http://www.RLC.org">www.RLC.org
                    >> philosophy
                    study how to win [elections]." --  Morton Blackwell

                    You Yahoo!?

                    href="http://mail.yahoo.com">http://mail.yahoo.com

                    Groups Links

                    --

                    href="http://www.djentropy.com">http://www.djentropy.com
                    >>> http://livejournal.com/users/djentropy
                    >>> http://www.myspace.com/djentropy
                    >>>
                    >>> "It's
                    important to promote a culture of life." - President George
                    >> W.
                    Bush
                    >>> "Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled
                    by
                    >> tyrants."
                    >>> --William Penn
                    >>> "Always
                    stand on principle even if you stand alone." - John Adams

                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                    > --
                    > ----------
                    > DJ Entropy
                    > America's #1
                    Hardcore DJ/producer

                    face="High Tower Text" color=#000080>http://www.djentropy.com
                    > http://livejournal.com/users/djentropy
                    > http://www.myspace.com/djentropy
                    >
                    > "It's important to promote a
                    culture of life." - President George W. Bush
                    > "Those people who will not
                    be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants."
                    > --William
                    Penn
                    > "Always stand on principle even if you stand alone." - John
                    Adams

                    > Yahoo! Groups Links
                    >
                    > <*> To visit your group on the web, go
                    to:

                    > <*> Your email
                    settings:
                    >    Individual Email | Traditional
                    >
                    > <*> To change settings online go to:

                    >    (Yahoo! ID required)
                    >
                    > <*> To change settings via
                    email:

                    href="mailto:RLC-Action-digest@yahoogroups.com">mailto:RLC-Action-digest@yahoogroups.com

                    href="mailto:RLC-Action-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com">mailto:RLC-Action-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                    > <*> To unsubscribe from
                    this group, send an email to:

                    > <*> Your use of Yahoo!
                    Groups is subject to:

                  • George Blumel

                      Message 10 of 26 , Dec 27 10:14 AM
                        You've always been a bit of the odd man out Adam.

                        --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, "Adam J. Bernay" <Republican-

                        Action@yahoogroups.com] On

                        Message 11 of 26 , Dec 27 10:16 AM
                          OK folks...

                          We've had a nice diversion over the holiday. It's now time to return to the
                          topic of *RLC ACTION* or take this discussion to the RLC-Discuss or
                          GOP-Liberty eGroup. Thanks.

                          Jeff Palmer - jap@...
                          RLC-Action Co-Moderator

                          <ericdondero@...> wrote:

                          > Duuuude! You're serious. I've got my entire collection, which
                          > mirrors yours, of cassettes in two foam coolers in my garage. Most of
                          > them are still good. <SNIP>

                          11:31 AM
                        • Eric Dondero Rittberg
                          Message 12 of 26 , Dec 27 10:19 AM
                            Uh, Mr. Blumel. If this was a recovering Punk Rockers group, your
                            son would be one of the chartering members.

                            As we all know Phil is bit busy these days making good stock picks
                            and building the FL RLC. But I bet when you ain't lookin' and Julie
                            is taking care of the kids, Phil's tucked away in the garage jammin'
                            out to his old punk albums.

                            --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, "George Blumel" <gblumel@...>
                            wrote:

                            > Isn't there a recovering punk Yahoo group? Or,is this it?

                            Greene resurfaces!!

                            > Since many of us seem to be flying the punk rock flag, I'll
                            volunteer that one can find the Clash, the Ramones, Social
                            Distortion and Jawbreaker on my iPod along with a bunch of new
                            school punk bands and (embarrassingly enough) the occassional ska
                            band. In college I use to be a DJ at the schools radio station and
                            would occasionaly book bands to play at the student union.

                            > Maybe some outreach to sites like these could help the RLC:
                            >
                            > http://www.conservativepunk.com/index.asp
                            > http://www.rightwingclothing.com/
                            >
                            > Adrian Augustine
                            > Wisconsin
                            >
                            > Manwich <manwichftl@...> wrote:
                            >
                            > I guess I am guilty too. I had a mohawk and listened to only
                            punk rock
                            > in High School.
                            >

                            > __

                            > http://mail.yahoo.com

                          • Adam J. Bernay
                            Message 13 of 26 , Dec 27 7:13 PM

                              Emphasis on “odd.”

                              Country, anyone?  Soft Rock?  Anyone?

                              Liberty @...> wrote:

                              > I guess I'm not "in". punk rock has never been something I
                              liked.

                              > _____
                              >
                              > From: RLC-Action@yahoogro ups.com
                              > Is it just a coincidence that all us old punk rockers have ended
                              up
                              > in the libertarian Republican movement??
                              >
                              > Let's see now, I'm now counting: Phil Blumel, Tom Walls, DJ,
                              William
                              > Greene, Ray Holtorf, and me. Brian Doherty of Reason too, but he's
                              > just a libertarian who largely disdains Republicans. And there's
                              > Vox Day over at WorldNetDaily. com too. And John Buckley of
                              National
                              > Review called himself a "Punk Rock Republican" a few years back.
                              >
                              > A few weeks ago, I saw an old DVD of the Dead Kennedys history.
                              > Jello Biafra was running for Mayor of San
                              Francisco. And he wasn't
                              > attacking Conservatives, he was bashing Jerry Brown and San
                              > Francisco liberals for being so inept and boring.
                              >
                              > Somebody ought to do a story on this libertarian- punk connection.
                              >
                              > --- In RLC-Action@yahoogro <mailto:RLC- Action%40yahoogr oups.com>
                              ups.com,
                              > "DJ Entropy" <djentropy@>
                              > wrote:
                              > >
                              > > You got nothin. I have 3500 records sitting right next to me.
                              > >
                              > > :)
                              > >

                              > > On Mon, 25 Dec 2006 17:04:23 -0500, Eric Dondero Rittberg
                              > > <ericdondero@ > wrote:
                              > >
                              > > > Duuuude! You're serious. I've got my entire collection, which
                              > > > mirrors yours, of cassettes in two foam coolers in my garage.
                              > Most
                              > > > of them are still good.
                              > > >
                              > > > But doesn't matter these days.
                              > > >
                              > > > If you've got Sirius radio that's all you need in life.
                              > > >
                              > > > Sirius 31 is Pure Punk/New Wave from the '70's and '80s. And
                              the
                              > > > good stuff!
                              > > >

                              > > > --- In RLC-Action@yahoogro <mailto:RLC- Action%
                              40yahoogroups. com>
                              > ups.com, Ray Holtorf <rayholtorf@ >

                              Ants,
                              > The
                              > > > Clash, Sex Pistols, The Police, P.I.L., The Plugz, Suicidal
                              > > > Tendancies, Black Flag et.al. cassettes into purchased CDs!

                              > > > wrote: Aaron, trust me, you
                              > don't
                              > > > know the real Bill Greene. I do. I knew
                              > mohawk
                              Greensboro .

                              Christian
                              > > > Punk

                              > > > say,
                              > Walls,

                              > Eric.

                              > <http://www.mediatra nsparency. org/story. php?storyID= 66>
                              > nsparency.org/ story.php? storyID=66

                              > <http://www.dakotavo ice.com/200604/ 20060425_ 5.html>
                              > ice.com/200604/ 20060425_ 5.html

                              Caucus USA

                              href="http://mail.yahoo.com">http://mail. yahoo.com> yahoo.com

                              #1 Hardcore DJ/producer
                              href="http://www.djentropy.com">http://www.djentrop y.com> y.com
                              href="http://livejournal.com/users/djentropy">http://livejournal. com/users/ djentropy>
                              href="http://www.myspace.com/djentropy">http://www.myspace. com/djentropy>

                              Message 14 of 26 , Dec 27 7:36 PM
                                You're right Eric --I used to think he was the worst until I read your stuff here lately...

                                wrote:

                                > Isn't there a recovering punk Yahoo group? Or,is this it?

                              • DJ Entropy
                                Message 15 of 26 , Dec 27 9:05 PM
                                  On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 22:13:13 -0500, Adam J. Bernay
                                  <Republican-Liberty@...> wrote:

                                  > Country, anyone?

                                  Sure, some. Johnny Cash, Darryl Worley, Big & Rich

                                  > Soft Rock? Anyone?

                                  Errr...when Phil Collins comes on the radio, I sometimes don't turn it
                                  off...

                                  Who actually LIKES soft rock?

                                  "soft" "rock"? What's the point???

                                  Message 16 of 26 , Dec 28 6:31 AM
                                    Touche' Mr. Blumel. Touche'!

                                    wrote:

                                    > You're right Eric --I used to think he was the worst until I read
                                    your stuff here lately...

                                  • Eric Dondero Rittberg
                                    Message 17 of 26 , Dec 28 6:35 AM
                                      I'm New Country. Brooks & Dunn, Alan Jackson, Shania, Tim McGraw,
                                      Toby Keith, et.al.

                                      But most especially Country/Lounge fusion group The Mavericks.