Re: [RLC-Action] Re: Old hardcore RLC Activist Bill Greene resurfaces!!

  • George Blumel
    Message 1 of 26 , Dec 23, 2006
      Greed of the Reaganites?  Like what?

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Saturday, December 23, 2006 4:07 AM
      Subject: Re: [RLC-Action] Re: Old hardcore RLC Activist Bill Greene resurfaces!!

      >Sorry if I don't know what I'm talking about, I don't really like punk
      >music, I listen to mostly the 90s alternative that I grew up with, 80s
      >metal which I started listening to when alternative died out (or,
      >rather, like the word "liberal" in the 1940s, took on a whole new
      >meaning), and modern European AOR/melodic rock.
      >
      >I'm 22 right now in case you're wondering.

      You're too young to have known punk when it was a social movement as
      much as it was a style of music. In the 1976-1981 period punk had a
      strong nihilistic message which was relatively new, rather than
      rehashed as you find with punk revivals, and it was much more
      strongly associated with a lifestyle and anti-establishment political
      beliefs. What made it different from the sixties was that rather
      than reacting against a conservative 'establishment' , punks were
      reacting against an establishment which was as much of the left as it
      was of the right. The naive dogooderism of Carter was as much of an
      enemy as the greed of the Reaganites.

      Scriptorium Fonts: http://www.fontcraf t.com
      Ragnarok Press: http://www.ragnarok press.com
      Customer Support: 1-800-797-8973

    • Eric Dondero Rittberg
      Message 2 of 26 , Dec 25, 2006
        Duuuude! You're serious. I've got my entire collection, which
        mirrors yours, of cassettes in two foam coolers in my garage. Most
        of them are still good.

        But doesn't matter these days.

        If you've got Sirius radio that's all you need in life.

        Sirius 31 is Pure Punk/New Wave from the '70's and '80s. And the
        good stuff!

        --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, Ray Holtorf <rayholtorf@...>
        wrote:

        > Geez Eric, don't forget me!
        >
        > I converted my entire pirated collection of Adam and the Ants, The
        Clash, Sex Pistols, The Police, P.I.L., The Plugz, Suicidal
        Tendancies, Black Flag et.al. cassettes into purchased CDs!

        > :-)
        >
        > Ray
        >
        > Eric Dondero Rittberg <ericdondero@...>
        wrote: Aaron, trust me, you don't
        know the real Bill Greene. I do. I knew
        > Bill way, way, way back in 1987/88 when he was a hardcore mohawk
        > wearing practically hobo Punk Rocker student at UNC-Greensboro.
        >
        > I'd say he's like Vox of World Net Daily. A sort of Christian
        Punk
        > Rocker libertarian conservative.
        >
        > I know that sounds like an odd mix, but it works for some.
        >
        > He may be Christian, but he's got Punk Rock values. And dare I
        say,
        > so do many other libertarian Republicans, Phil Blumel, Tom Walls,
        > myself, ect...
        >
        > --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, AULibertarians@ wrote:
        > >
        > > Dr. Greene has many connections with the religious right, Eric.
        > > It seems his politics have changed. See:
        > >
        > > William Greene's Right Wing Rapid Response Team
        > > http://www.mediatransparency.org/story.php?storyID=66
        > >
        > > RightMarch.com Teams With Minutemen on Mexican Border
        > > http://www.dakotavoice.com/200604/20060425_5.html
        > >

        > > Sincerely,
        > > ... Aaron
        > >
        > > Director of Chapter Development,
        > > Republican Liberty Caucus USA
        > > www.RLC.org
        > >
        > > "If you're serious about changing the world and you know
        > > that your philosophy is correct, you owe it to your philosophy
        > > to study how to win [elections]." -- Morton Blackwell

        > http://mail.yahoo.com

      • DJ Entropy
        Message 3 of 26 , Dec 25, 2006
          You got nothin. I have 3500 records sitting right next to me.

          :)

          --
          ----------
          DJ Entropy

          "It's important to promote a culture of life." - President George W. Bush
          "Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants."
          --William Penn
          "Always stand on principle even if you stand alone." - John Adams
        • Eric Dondero Rittberg
          Message 4 of 26 , Dec 26, 2006
            This is insane! You too DJ???

            Is it just a coincidence that all us old punk rockers have ended up
            in the libertarian Republican movement??

            Let's see now, I'm now counting: Phil Blumel, Tom Walls, DJ, William
            Greene, Ray Holtorf, and me. Brian Doherty of Reason too, but he's
            just a libertarian who largely disdains Republicans. And there's
            Vox Day over at WorldNetDaily.com too. And John Buckley of National
            Review called himself a "Punk Rock Republican" a few years back.

            A few weeks ago, I saw an old DVD of the Dead Kennedys history.
            Jello Biafra was running for Mayor of San Francisco. And he wasn't
            attacking Conservatives, he was bashing Jerry Brown and San
            Francisco liberals for being so inept and boring.

            Somebody ought to do a story on this libertarian-punk connection.

            --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, "DJ Entropy" <djentropy@...>

            Message 5 of 26 , Dec 26, 2006
              Well, most of my records are from the rave scene, but I was a punk rocker
              before I got into all that.

              I saw the Rave scene as an electronic version of punk, and some of it was,
              but it got really really lame after a while...heh

              --
              ----------
              DJ Entropy
              America's #1 Hardcore DJ/producer
              http://www.djentropy.com
              http://livejournal.com/users/djentropy
              http://www.myspace.com/djentropy

              "It's important to promote a culture of life." - President George W. Bush
              "Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants."
              --William Penn
              "Always stand on principle even if you stand alone." - John Adams
            • Adam J. Bernay
              Message 6 of 26 , Dec 26, 2006

                I guess I’m not “in”…  punk rock has never been something I liked…

                href="http://www.mediatransparency.org/story.php?storyID=66">http://www.mediatra nsparency. org/story. php?storyID= 66

                w:st="on"> USA

                #1 Hardcore DJ/producer
                > http://www.djentrop y.com
                > http://livejournal. com/users/ djentropy
                > http://www.myspace. com/djentropy
                >
                > "It's important to promote a culture of life." - President
                George
                W. Bush
                > "Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by
                tyrants."
                > --William Penn
                > "Always stand on principle even if you stand alone." - John
                Adams

              • Manwich
                Message 7 of 26 , Dec 26, 2006
                  I guess I am guilty too. I had a mohawk and listened to only punk rock
                  in High School.
                • Adrian Augustine
                  Message 8 of 26 , Dec 26, 2006
                    Since many of us seem to be flying the punk rock flag, I'll volunteer that one can find the Clash, the Ramones, Social Distortion and Jawbreaker on my iPod along with a bunch of new school punk bands and (embarrassingly enough) the occassional ska band. In college I use to be a DJ at the schools radio station and would occasionaly book bands to play at the student union.

                    Maybe some outreach to sites like these could help the RLC:

                    http://www.conservativepunk.com/index.asp
                    http://www.rightwingclothing.com/

                    Adrian Augustine
                    Wisconsin

                    Manwich <manwichftl@...> wrote:
                    I guess I am guilty too. I had a mohawk and listened to only punk rock
                    in High School.

                    __

                    http://mail.yahoo.com

                  • George Blumel
                    Message 9 of 26 , Dec 26, 2006
                      There is no accounting for taste.

                      face="High Tower Text" color=#000080>ericdondero@...> wrote:

                      >> This is
                      insane!  You too DJ???

                      >> Is it just a coincidence
                      that all us old punk rockers have ended up
                      >> in the libertarian
                      Republican movement??

                      wrote:

                      >>> You got nothin.  I have 3500 records
                      sitting right next to me.

                      :)

                      <ericdondero@...> wrote:

                      Duuuude!  You're serious.  I've got my entire collection, which
                      >> Most
                      good.

                      days.

                      that's all you need in life.

                      is Pure Punk/New Wave from the '70's and '80s.  And the

                      --- In
                      RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, Ray Holtorf <rayholtorf@>

                      Adam and the Ants,
                      >> The
                      Police, P.I.L., The Plugz, Suicidal
                      et.al. cassettes into purchased CDs!

                      Ray

                      <ericdondero@>

                      wrote:                                  Aaron, trust me, you
                      >> don't
                      Greene.  I do.  I knew
                      way back in 1987/88 when he was a hardcore
                      >> mohawk
                      UNC-Greensboro.

                      he's like Vox of World Net Daily.  A sort of Christian

                      Punk
                      conservative.

                      that sounds like an odd mix, but it works for some.

                      Rock values.  And dare I
                      Tom
                      >> Walls,
                      ect...

                      href="http://www.dakotavoice.com/200604/20060425_5.html">http://www.dakotavoice.com/200604/20060425_5.html

                      Sincerely,
                      Chapter  Development,
                      Liberty Caucus USA
                      href="http://www.RLC.org">www.RLC.org
                      >> philosophy
                      study how to win [elections]." --  Morton Blackwell

                      You Yahoo!?

                      href="http://mail.yahoo.com">http://mail.yahoo.com

                      Groups Links

                      --

                      href="http://www.djentropy.com">http://www.djentropy.com
                      >>> http://livejournal.com/users/djentropy
                      >>> http://www.myspace.com/djentropy
                      >>>
                      >>> "It's
                      important to promote a culture of life." - President George
                      >> W.
                      Bush
                      >>> "Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled
                      by
                      >> tyrants."
                      >>> --William Penn
                      >>> "Always
                      stand on principle even if you stand alone." - John Adams

                      Yahoo! Groups Links

                      > --
                      > ----------
                      > DJ Entropy
                      > America's #1
                      Hardcore DJ/producer

                      face="High Tower Text" color=#000080>http://www.djentropy.com
                      > http://livejournal.com/users/djentropy
                      > http://www.myspace.com/djentropy
                      >
                      > "It's important to promote a
                      culture of life." - President George W. Bush
                      > "Those people who will not
                      be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants."
                      > --William
                      Penn
                      > "Always stand on principle even if you stand alone." - John
                      Adams

                      > Yahoo! Groups Links
                      >
                      > <*> To visit your group on the web, go
                      to:

                      > <*> Your email
                      settings:
                      >    Individual Email | Traditional
                      >
                      > <*> To change settings online go to:

                      >    (Yahoo! ID required)
                      >
                      > <*> To change settings via
                      email:

                      href="mailto:RLC-Action-digest@yahoogroups.com">mailto:RLC-Action-digest@yahoogroups.com

                      href="mailto:RLC-Action-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com">mailto:RLC-Action-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                      > <*> To unsubscribe from
                      this group, send an email to:

                      > <*> Your use of Yahoo!
                      Groups is subject to:

                    • George Blumel

                        Message 11 of 26 , Dec 27, 2006
                          You've always been a bit of the odd man out Adam.

                          --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, "Adam J. Bernay" <Republican-

                          Action@yahoogroups.com] On

                          Message 12 of 26 , Dec 27, 2006
                            OK folks...

                            We've had a nice diversion over the holiday. It's now time to return to the
                            topic of *RLC ACTION* or take this discussion to the RLC-Discuss or
                            GOP-Liberty eGroup. Thanks.

                            Jeff Palmer - jap@...
                            RLC-Action Co-Moderator

                            <ericdondero@...> wrote:

                            > Duuuude! You're serious. I've got my entire collection, which
                            > mirrors yours, of cassettes in two foam coolers in my garage. Most of
                            > them are still good. <SNIP>

                            11:31 AM
                          • Eric Dondero Rittberg
                            Message 13 of 26 , Dec 27, 2006
                              Uh, Mr. Blumel. If this was a recovering Punk Rockers group, your
                              son would be one of the chartering members.

                              As we all know Phil is bit busy these days making good stock picks
                              and building the FL RLC. But I bet when you ain't lookin' and Julie
                              is taking care of the kids, Phil's tucked away in the garage jammin'
                              out to his old punk albums.

                              --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, "George Blumel" <gblumel@...>
                              wrote:

                              > Isn't there a recovering punk Yahoo group? Or,is this it?

                              Greene resurfaces!!

                              > Since many of us seem to be flying the punk rock flag, I'll
                              volunteer that one can find the Clash, the Ramones, Social
                              Distortion and Jawbreaker on my iPod along with a bunch of new
                              school punk bands and (embarrassingly enough) the occassional ska
                              band. In college I use to be a DJ at the schools radio station and
                              would occasionaly book bands to play at the student union.

                              > Maybe some outreach to sites like these could help the RLC:
                              >
                              > http://www.conservativepunk.com/index.asp
                              > http://www.rightwingclothing.com/
                              >
                              > Adrian Augustine
                              > Wisconsin
                              >
                              > Manwich <manwichftl@...> wrote:
                              >
                              > I guess I am guilty too. I had a mohawk and listened to only
                              punk rock
                              > in High School.
                              >

                              > __

                              > http://mail.yahoo.com

                            • Adam J. Bernay
                              Message 14 of 26 , Dec 27, 2006

                                Emphasis on “odd.”

                                Country, anyone?  Soft Rock?  Anyone?

                                Liberty @...> wrote:

                                > I guess I'm not "in". punk rock has never been something I
                                liked.

                                > _____
                                >
                                > From: RLC-Action@yahoogro ups.com
                                > Is it just a coincidence that all us old punk rockers have ended
                                up
                                > in the libertarian Republican movement??
                                >
                                > Let's see now, I'm now counting: Phil Blumel, Tom Walls, DJ,
                                William
                                > Greene, Ray Holtorf, and me. Brian Doherty of Reason too, but he's
                                > just a libertarian who largely disdains Republicans. And there's
                                > Vox Day over at WorldNetDaily. com too. And John Buckley of
                                National
                                > Review called himself a "Punk Rock Republican" a few years back.
                                >
                                > A few weeks ago, I saw an old DVD of the Dead Kennedys history.
                                > Jello Biafra was running for Mayor of San
                                Francisco. And he wasn't
                                > attacking Conservatives, he was bashing Jerry Brown and San
                                > Francisco liberals for being so inept and boring.
                                >
                                > Somebody ought to do a story on this libertarian- punk connection.
                                >
                                > --- In RLC-Action@yahoogro <mailto:RLC- Action%40yahoogr oups.com>
                                ups.com,
                                > "DJ Entropy" <djentropy@>
                                > wrote:
                                > >
                                > > You got nothin. I have 3500 records sitting right next to me.
                                > >
                                > > :)
                                > >

                                > > On Mon, 25 Dec 2006 17:04:23 -0500, Eric Dondero Rittberg
                                > > <ericdondero@ > wrote:
                                > >
                                > > > Duuuude! You're serious. I've got my entire collection, which
                                > > > mirrors yours, of cassettes in two foam coolers in my garage.
                                > Most
                                > > > of them are still good.
                                > > >
                                > > > But doesn't matter these days.
                                > > >
                                > > > If you've got Sirius radio that's all you need in life.
                                > > >
                                > > > Sirius 31 is Pure Punk/New Wave from the '70's and '80s. And
                                the
                                > > > good stuff!
                                > > >

                                > > > --- In RLC-Action@yahoogro <mailto:RLC- Action%
                                40yahoogroups. com>
                                > ups.com, Ray Holtorf <rayholtorf@ >

                                Ants,
                                > The
                                > > > Clash, Sex Pistols, The Police, P.I.L., The Plugz, Suicidal
                                > > > Tendancies, Black Flag et.al. cassettes into purchased CDs!

                                > > > wrote: Aaron, trust me, you
                                > don't
                                > > > know the real Bill Greene. I do. I knew
                                > mohawk
                                Greensboro .

                                Christian
                                > > > Punk

                                > > > say,
                                > Walls,

                                > Eric.

                                > <http://www.mediatra nsparency. org/story. php?storyID= 66>
                                > nsparency.org/ story.php? storyID=66

                                > <http://www.dakotavo ice.com/200604/ 20060425_ 5.html>
                                > ice.com/200604/ 20060425_ 5.html

                                Caucus USA

                                href="http://mail.yahoo.com">http://mail. yahoo.com> yahoo.com

                                #1 Hardcore DJ/producer
                                href="http://www.djentropy.com">http://www.djentrop y.com> y.com
                                href="http://livejournal.com/users/djentropy">http://livejournal. com/users/ djentropy>
                                href="http://www.myspace.com/djentropy">http://www.myspace. com/djentropy>

                                Message 15 of 26 , Dec 27, 2006
                                  You're right Eric --I used to think he was the worst until I read your stuff here lately...

                                  wrote:

                                  > Isn't there a recovering punk Yahoo group? Or,is this it?

                                • DJ Entropy
                                  Message 16 of 26 , Dec 27, 2006
                                    On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 22:13:13 -0500, Adam J. Bernay
                                    <Republican-Liberty@...> wrote:

                                    > Country, anyone?

                                    Sure, some. Johnny Cash, Darryl Worley, Big & Rich

                                    > Soft Rock? Anyone?

                                    Errr...when Phil Collins comes on the radio, I sometimes don't turn it
                                    off...

                                    Who actually LIKES soft rock?

                                    "soft" "rock"? What's the point???

                                    Message 17 of 26 , Dec 28, 2006
                                      Touche' Mr. Blumel. Touche'!

                                      wrote:

                                      > You're right Eric --I used to think he was the worst until I read
                                      your stuff here lately...

                                    • Eric Dondero Rittberg
                                      Message 18 of 26 , Dec 28, 2006
                                        I'm New Country. Brooks & Dunn, Alan Jackson, Shania, Tim McGraw,
                                        Toby Keith, et.al.

                                        But most especially Country/Lounge fusion group The Mavericks.