Re: [RLC-Action] Re: RLC Blog

  • jonhenke@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 6, 2006
      Essentially, it means that you don't have to 'spend time' getting a blog up on a site. Not much, anyway. The best available blog tools can be kludged onto just about any site in less than 30 minutes. The key -- and it's hard to overemphasize this -- is to make the site look clean, modern and spartan. The more you clutter it up with excess verbiage, the worse the site actually looks.

      --
      --Jon Henke--
      http://www.qando.net

      From: AULibertarians@...

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 6, 2006
        Essentially, it means that you don't have to 'spend time' getting a blog up on a site. Not much, anyway. The best available blog tools can be kludged onto just about any site in less than 30 minutes. The key -- and it's hard to overemphasize this -- is to make the site look clean, modern and spartan. The more you clutter it up with excess verbiage, the worse the site actually looks. -- Jon Henke

        Uncluttered is key. Also important is to avoid frames that force visitors to scroll up and down, back and forth, to view the page. The only navigation bar required should be an up and down scroll. Visitors should not have to chase stuff back and forth beyond the width of their monitors' screens.