Re: RLC Blog

  • AULibertarians@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 6, 2006
      Those of us who are unfamiliar with web development have no
      idea what the below means.

      I think Doug's basic point is a valid one.  Will the new RLC
      website support a blog?  I agree with Doug that the RLC
      *should* have a blog.

      -Aaron

      In a message dated 12/6/2006 6:15:46 PM Central
      Standard Time, jonhenke@... writes:
      In case you didn't know, the worthwhile blog platforms are pretty much plug and play. WordPress, for example. If you're trying to build your own, you're wasting a LOT of time.

      Sincerely,
      ... Aaron

      Director of Chapter Development,
      Republican Liberty Caucus USA
      www.RLC.org

      "If you're serious about changing the world and you know
      that your philosophy is correct, you owe it to your philosophy
      to study how to win [elections]." -- Morton Blackwell
    • jonhenke@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 6, 2006
        Essentially, it means that you don't have to 'spend time' getting a blog up on a site. Not much, anyway. The best available blog tools can be kludged onto just about any site in less than 30 minutes. The key -- and it's hard to overemphasize this -- is to make the site look clean, modern and spartan. The more you clutter it up with excess verbiage, the worse the site actually looks.

        --
        --Jon Henke--
        http://www.qando.net

        From: AULibertarians@...

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 6, 2006
          Essentially, it means that you don't have to 'spend time' getting a blog up on a site. Not much, anyway. The best available blog tools can be kludged onto just about any site in less than 30 minutes. The key -- and it's hard to overemphasize this -- is to make the site look clean, modern and spartan. The more you clutter it up with excess verbiage, the worse the site actually looks. -- Jon Henke

          Uncluttered is key. Also important is to avoid frames that force visitors to scroll up and down, back and forth, to view the page. The only navigation bar required should be an up and down scroll. Visitors should not have to chase stuff back and forth beyond the width of their monitors' screens.