Re: [RLC-Action] RLC Blog

  • jonhenke@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 6, 2006
      In case you didn't know, the worthwhile blog platforms are pretty much plug and play. WordPress, for example. If you're trying to build your own, you're wasting a LOT of time.

      --
      --Jon Henke--
      http://www.qando.net

      From: westmiller@...

    • AULibertarians@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 6, 2006
        Those of us who are unfamiliar with web development have no
        idea what the below means.

        I think Doug's basic point is a valid one.  Will the new RLC
        website support a blog?  I agree with Doug that the RLC
        *should* have a blog.

        -Aaron

        In a message dated 12/6/2006 6:15:46 PM Central
        Standard Time, jonhenke@... writes:
        In case you didn't know, the worthwhile blog platforms are pretty much plug and play. WordPress, for example. If you're trying to build your own, you're wasting a LOT of time.

        Sincerely,
        ... Aaron

        Director of Chapter Development,
        Republican Liberty Caucus USA
        www.RLC.org

        "If you're serious about changing the world and you know
        that your philosophy is correct, you owe it to your philosophy
        to study how to win [elections]." -- Morton Blackwell
      • jonhenke@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 6, 2006
          Essentially, it means that you don't have to 'spend time' getting a blog up on a site. Not much, anyway. The best available blog tools can be kludged onto just about any site in less than 30 minutes. The key -- and it's hard to overemphasize this -- is to make the site look clean, modern and spartan. The more you clutter it up with excess verbiage, the worse the site actually looks.

          --
          --Jon Henke--
          http://www.qando.net

          From: AULibertarians@...

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 6, 2006
            Essentially, it means that you don't have to 'spend time' getting a blog up on a site. Not much, anyway. The best available blog tools can be kludged onto just about any site in less than 30 minutes. The key -- and it's hard to overemphasize this -- is to make the site look clean, modern and spartan. The more you clutter it up with excess verbiage, the worse the site actually looks. -- Jon Henke

            Uncluttered is key. Also important is to avoid frames that force visitors to scroll up and down, back and forth, to view the page. The only navigation bar required should be an up and down scroll. Visitors should not have to chase stuff back and forth beyond the width of their monitors' screens.