Newly elected libertarian Republican legislator discovered

  • Eric Dondero
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 21, 2006
      (Alan Turin, please post to LR)

      This is very exciting folks!  Every election cycle we have someone who pops up who we were unaware of.  I sent an inquire to newly elected State Rep. Marc Greenberg of Arkansas a couple weeks ago asking him if he was a libertarian Republican.  Here's his response:

      I certainly do place a very high value on individual freedom, as well as the related values of limiting government, respecting free markets, and increasing government transparency. My goals as a state legislator include strengthening property rights, tax reduction and simplification, expanding disclosure in government and more choice in education.

      As a former staffer at several think tanks, including the Cato Institute, I can tell you that liberty is very dear to me and that I aim to make our state's political system have more respect for it. I am a great admirer of Dick Armey, the former majority leader of the U.S. Congress, and I think that he provided an excellent model for principled public service. We would have a smaller, cheaper, and better federal government today if we could have elected more people like him.

      I won my election in June, because no Democrat filed against me. I had an extremely active primary and runoff campaign for the nomination; I finished at the top of the ticket in both elections. I am not sure if I should say very much publicly about what happened during the campaign, since it might look ungracious of me and make at least one of my opponents look pretty bad.

      Libertarian Republicans

      Fiscally Conservative, Socially Tolerant & Pro-Defense!

      Dondero is a US Navy Veteran, former Libertarian Party National Committeeman, fmr. Senior Aide to US Congressman Ron Paul R-TX, and Founder of the Republican Liberty Caucus.  www.mainstreamlibertarian.com