Posting Frequency - Staying on Topic

  • Thomas Sewell
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2006
      Recently we've had a few extended "conversations" on the discussion groups
      that consist of multiple replies by the same people on the same or related
      topics.

      Please keep your posts to any one group down to 1-2 per day.

      There is no need to post 5 replies to the same thread just to reply in a
      couple of sentences to different people's posts.

      Please consolidate all posts on the same thread posted at the same time to
      one single message. This will help prevent topics from growing out of
      control.

      Please also know when to drop a topic because it's no longer related to the
      RLC or to take it to a private conversation. For example, we don't really
      need an extended series of short posts discussing the relative merits and
      recognitions of various Jewish sects on the group. At some point it becomes
      off-topic for the group. Please watch for that point and use private emails
      after it.

      Please ask yourself if your post is really still RLC/politically related or
      not before posting.

      I had taken a few of the more frequent offenders off of moderated status to
      cut down on the number of posts that have to be delayed to be approved. I'm
      going to have to set them as moderated again and will add other recent
      offenders as well.

      Thanks,

      Thomas
      Moderator