Re: Solicitation Rule

  • Eric Dondero Rittberg
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 16 8:05 AM
      I believe the RLC is currently organized in about 30 states, correct?

      Are you saying that we should not comment on the candidacies and
      possible libertarian leanings of elected officials in the 20 other
      states where the RLC is not organized in?

      As you know there has not been a MT RLC organization for quite some
      time.

      --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, westmiller@... wrote:

      > Posted by: "Eric Dondero" _ericdondero@..._
      > (mailto:ericdondero@...)
      > > We've got some great news to report ...
      >
      > The RLC has no problem with people forming their
      > own groups and promoting their own candidates, but
      > Mendenhall was not endorsed by the RLC and we
      > do not allow RLC resources to be used for any kind
      > of solicitation to visit, promote, or participate in any
      > other website or organization. Whether commercial
      > or not, this is considered 'spam'.
      > [We do enforce this restriction 'loosely', allowing
      > members to refer to their blogs, sites, or efforts in
      > other arenas, but persistent promotion is an abuse
      > of this lenience.]
      >
      > Bill

    • Eric Dondero Rittberg
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 16 8:16 AM
        You know Bill, I'm baffled as to why you would not wish to encourage
        Mendenhall to join RLC?

        Scott had not heard of RLC. But I introduced him to it. He was
        very happy to learn of the organization. I'm sure if he was
        formally approached he'd join.

        I also introduced him to the Acton Institute (Christian
        libertarians), and Cato.

        Note that Scott is already a friend of Howie Rich's Americans for
        Limited Government. Aaron Bitterman and I attended that
        conference. That's where we first met Scott. It was Aaron who
        excitedly let me know that "there was a legislator from Montana in
        attendence."

        There were I'd say 10 state legislators at that Howie sponsored ALG
        conference in Chicago last August. One of them was that State
        Senator from Oklahoma, I forget his name?

        Point is, every single one of those 10 legislators who came to the
        ALG conference are hardcore prospects for the RLC.

        That conference was hardcore libertarian. Faint of heart middle of
        the roaders would not attend.