Re: [RLC-Action] Re: Sarah Palin - 'Libertarian Republican' ??

  • Randy Kleine
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 15, 2006
      Eric,
      Sarah's also pro-life (which I personally consider to be the correct pro-liberty position), so your report sounds encouraging.
      Randy Kleine, Milford, Ohio

      Eric Dondero Rittberg <ericdondero@...> wrote:
      Have you checked with any Libertarians here in Alaska?

      The current Libertarian Party State Chairman says she's pretty
      damned good. So does the Alaska LP Gubernatorial candidate Billy
      Toein. As does every single Libertarian Party member in the
      Anchorage area. Even Scott Kohlaas, the LP of Alaska's consumate
      anarcho-Libertarian skeptic grudgingly admits "she's okay for a
      Republican."

      They grilled her at that LP meeting she attended last May. And she
      passed with flying colors, with one exception; gambling. The LPers
      in the State are still suspicious of her views on that issue, and I
      agree. Save gambling, she's pretty damned libertarian.

      --- In RLC-Action@yahoogro ups.com, AULibertarians@ ... wrote:

      > Since we're discussing this, I'm going to comment, finally,
      > since Eric keeps bringing up how Sarah Palin is a 'hardcore
      > libertarian' .
      >
      > Eric, she is NOT a hardcore libertarian. I would not use the
      > l-word to describe her. She's a traditional conservative who
      > has an independent streak.
      >
      > How can I say this? I heard her debate her opponents in the
      > Alaska Gubernatorial debate. I thought Andrew Halco was
      > the best of the three candidates in that race. He also has
      > libertarian leanings, except on the issue of health care.
      >
      > -Aaron
      >

      > Sincerely,
      > ... Aaron
      >
      > Director of Chapter Development,
      > Republican Liberty Caucus USA
      > www.RLC.org
      >
      > "Those who have been once intoxicated with power and have derived
      any
      > kind of emolument from it can never willingly abandon it."--
      Edmund Burke

    • Eric Dondero Rittberg
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 16, 2006
        This is a bit funny actually.

        I'm not quite sure what Sarah's position is on abortion. The Pro-
        Lifers here in AK don't trust her. And Pro-Choicers I've run into
        say, "Sarah is Pro-Life... While I like her on other issues, I
        can't support her for that."

        This leads me to conclude that she's probably a Kay Baily Hutchison
        type; Moderately Pro-Life.

        --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, Randy Kleine <rkleine45150@...>
        wrote:

        > Eric,
        > Sarah's also pro-life (which I personally consider to be the
        correct pro-liberty position), so your report sounds encouraging.
        > Randy Kleine, Milford, Ohio
        >
        > Eric Dondero Rittberg <ericdondero@...> wrote:
        > Have you checked with any Libertarians here in Alaska?
        >
        > The current Libertarian Party State Chairman says she's pretty
        > damned good. So does the Alaska LP Gubernatorial candidate Billy
        > Toein. As does every single Libertarian Party member in the
        > Anchorage area. Even Scott Kohlaas, the LP of Alaska's consumate
        > anarcho-Libertarian skeptic grudgingly admits "she's okay for a
        > Republican."
        >
        > They grilled her at that LP meeting she attended last May. And she
        > passed with flying colors, with one exception; gambling. The LPers
        > in the State are still suspicious of her views on that issue, and
        > agree. Save gambling, she's pretty damned libertarian.
        >
        > --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, AULibertarians@ wrote:
        > >
        > > Since we're discussing this, I'm going to comment, finally,
        > > since Eric keeps bringing up how Sarah Palin is a 'hardcore
        > > libertarian'.
        > >
        > > Eric, she is NOT a hardcore libertarian. I would not use the
        > > l-word to describe her. She's a traditional conservative who
        > > has an independent streak.
        > >
        > > How can I say this? I heard her debate her opponents in the
        > > Alaska Gubernatorial debate. I thought Andrew Halco was
        > > the best of the three candidates in that race. He also has
        > > libertarian leanings, except on the issue of health care.
        > >
        > > -Aaron
        > >

        > > Sincerely,
        > > ... Aaron
        > >
        > > Director of Chapter Development,
        > > Republican Liberty Caucus USA
        > > www.RLC.org
        > >
        > > "Those who have been once intoxicated with power and have
        derived
        > any
        > > kind of emolument from it can never willingly abandon it."--
        > Edmund Burke
        > >

        > ---------------------------------

      • George Blumel
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 16, 2006
          Randy considers abortion the "correct pro-liberty position" --he clearly represents the killer in this scenario. I would like to represent the innocent victim in this case.  I think my case for pro-liberty is very strong as I believe the taking of my client's life is manifestly not pro-liberty.  He had a right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness and it was taken from him forcibly by Randy's client and their accomplices.  Libertarianism is not 'anything goes'  -- there IS --has to be-- a moral aspect to libertarianism, or there is no place for it in decent society.  This is not a religious concept,so don't respond with that knee-jerk reaction. It is a matter of personal responsibility which I contend is at the foundation of libertarianism.  -Geo.

          wrote:

          > Eric,
          > Sarah's also pro-life (which I personally consider to be the
          correct pro-liberty position), so your report sounds encouraging.
          > Randy Kleine, Milford, Ohio
          >
          > Eric Dondero Rittberg <ericdondero@ ...> wrote:
          > Have you checked with any Libertarians here in Alaska?
          >
          > The current Libertarian Party State Chairman says she's pretty
          > damned good. So does the Alaska LP Gubernatorial candidate Billy
          > Toein. As does every single Libertarian Party member in the
          > Anchorage area. Even Scott Kohlaas, the LP of Alaska's consumate
          > anarcho-Libertarian skeptic grudgingly admits "she's okay for a
          > Republican."
          >
          > They grilled her at that LP meeting she attended last May. And she
          > passed with flying colors, with one exception; gambling. The LPers
          > in the State are still suspicious of her views on that issue, and
          > agree. Save gambling, she's pretty damned libertarian.
          >
          > --- In RLC-Action@yahoogro ups.com, AULibertarians@ wrote:
          > >
          > > Since we're discussing this, I'm going to comment, finally,
          > > since Eric keeps bringing up how Sarah Palin is a 'hardcore
          > > libertarian' .
          > >
          > > Eric, she is NOT a hardcore libertarian. I would not use the
          > > l-word to describe her. She's a traditional conservative who
          > > has an independent streak.
          > >
          > > How can I say this? I heard her debate her opponents in the
          > > Alaska Gubernatorial debate. I thought Andrew Halco was
          > > the best of the three candidates in that race. He also has
          > > libertarian leanings, except on the issue of health care.
          > >
          > > -Aaron
          > >

          > > Sincerely,
          > > ... Aaron
          > >
          > > Director of Chapter Development,
          > > Republican Liberty Caucus USA
          > > www.RLC.org
          > >
          > > "Those who have been once intoxicated with power and have
          derived
          > any
          > > kind of emolument from it can never willingly abandon it."--
          > Edmund Burke
          > >

          > ------------ --------- --------- ---

        • George Blumel
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 16, 2006

            wrote:

            > Eric,
            > Sarah's also pro-life (which I personally consider to be the
            correct pro-liberty position), so your report sounds encouraging.
            > Randy Kleine, Milford, Ohio
            >
            > Eric Dondero Rittberg <ericdondero@ ...> wrote:
            > Have you checked with any Libertarians here in Alaska?
            >
            > The current Libertarian Party State Chairman says she's pretty
            > damned good. So does the Alaska LP Gubernatorial candidate Billy
            > Toein. As does every single Libertarian Party member in the
            > Anchorage area. Even Scott Kohlaas, the LP of Alaska's consumate
            > anarcho-Libertarian skeptic grudgingly admits "she's okay for a
            > Republican."
            >
            > They grilled her at that LP meeting she attended last May. And she
            > passed with flying colors, with one exception; gambling. The LPers
            > in the State are still suspicious of her views on that issue, and
            > agree. Save gambling, she's pretty damned libertarian.
            >
            > --- In RLC-Action@yahoogro ups.com, AULibertarians@ wrote:
            > >
            > > Since we're discussing this, I'm going to comment, finally,
            > > since Eric keeps bringing up how Sarah Palin is a 'hardcore
            > > libertarian' .
            > >
            > > Eric, she is NOT a hardcore libertarian. I would not use the
            > > l-word to describe her. She's a traditional conservative who
            > > has an independent streak.
            > >
            > > How can I say this? I heard her debate her opponents in the
            > > Alaska Gubernatorial debate. I thought Andrew Halco was
            > > the best of the three candidates in that race. He also has
            > > libertarian leanings, except on the issue of health care.
            > >
            > > -Aaron
            > >

            > > Sincerely,
            > > ... Aaron
            > >
            > > Director of Chapter Development,
            > > Republican Liberty Caucus USA
            > > www.RLC.org
            > >
            > > "Those who have been once intoxicated with power and have
            derived
            > any
            > > kind of emolument from it can never willingly abandon it."--
            > Edmund Burke
            > >

            > ------------ --------- --------- ---

          • Eric Dondero Rittberg
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 17, 2006
              Mr. Blumel, how wonderful it is that you are on this Forum. I was
              honored to finally meet you and your lovely wife at the RLC
              Convention in Orlando. You and your son are among the greatest
              champions for liberty in the entire United States.

              And thanks for sitting next to Katherine Harris at the Convention
              banquet and "guarding her" from some otherwise passionate
              libertarians who wanted to grill her on her issue stances.

              On abortion, I think we can all agree; GOVERNMENT FUNDING OF
              ABORTIONS SUCKS!

              --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, "George Blumel" <gblumel@...>