Barone says Republicans lost Center & Fringe

  • Eric Dondero
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2006
      (Alan, please post to LR)

      Now this is super interesting.

      I've been arguing that though the Republicans lost some fringe libertarian support cause they were not libertarian enough, that their major losses were in the Middle and that the GOP needs to make a major push to reach the Center for 2008.

      Everyone from Jacob Hornberger to Thomas L. Knapp to Reason Magazine to the Economist have taken an entirely different view saying the GOP wasn't hardcore limited government enough.

      Now the data is in.  And it now appears both of us might have been correct; Republicans lost fringe libertarian voters, AND Centrist Moderates according to Michael Barone.

      Check out the story at www.redstate.com

      Libertarian Republicans

      Fiscally Conservative, Socially Tolerant & Pro-Defense!

      Dondero is a US Navy Veteran, former Libertarian Party National Committeeman, fmr. Senior Aide to US Congressman Ron Paul R-TX, and Founder of the Republican Liberty Caucus.  www.mainstreamlibertarian.com