Alaska Libertarian Republicans emerging

  • Eric Dondero Rittberg
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2006
      As many of you know, Alaska elected a Libertarian Republican
      Governor Sarah Palin. It was a glorious victory. I was happy to be
      a volunteer on her campaign in the final days, as were other
      Libertarians here in Anchorage.

      Sarah has since publicly thanked the Libertarian Party for their
      support. (Bill Toein, LP for Governor and LP State Chair Jason
      Dowell congratulated her at the Egan Ctr. the night of the election,
      and Jason has since sent her a bouquet of flowers.)

      Sarah is not only very libertarian-leaning, she's also quite the
      maverick and is not afraid to upset the apple cart in State
      Politics. She's got a definite Independent Reform-minded streak.

      There's much room now for the formation of a Republican Liberty
      Caucus here in Alaska. Here in AK, Libertarian Party members are
      clearly aligned with the GOP. (With one or two glaring exceptions).

      This could be a case where the LP-RLC might consider some sort of
      fusion effort.

      I hope Bitterman quickly organizes a Chapter here. I stand ready to
      assist before my departure in two weeks.