Re: Question: Red/blue

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 22, 2006
      Michael,
          Interesting. I'm not sure whether it would be of
      interest to our members, but I'm posting the note
      to the RLC-Activist eGroup.

      Bill
      ================================

      In a message dated 10/21/2006 5:38:16 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, michaeldostrolenk@... writes:
      Bill,
      Is this something some in the RLC would be interested in participating in?  If so, could you send it to the list?
      Thanks,
      Michael

      The Public Conversations Project is requesting your assistance to help
      recruit participants to serve as "beta testers" for our new RedBlue
      online dialogue project. For the past year, in partnership with
      Internews Interactive, we have been developing the capacity for people
      to connect with and learn more about the viewpoints of others with
      whom they differ. The RedBlue web site is about to open up and we
      need several hundred volunteers with different political points of
      view to try it out and provide us with feedback about their experience.

      I'm writing you to ask for your help in identifying people who would
      be interested in spending a total of about two hours over a period of
      two weeks, beginning in early November.

      Participants will be matched with a partner with a different political
      point of view. They will engage in an online dialogue that will offer
      many of the structures and processes developed in our face-to-face
      dialogue work over the past 17 years. We expect this will be an
      engaging, exciting, satisfying experience for people who are
      interested in:

      • Connecting with others from across the political divide.
      • Listening and speaking deeply with those whose points of view differ
      from their own.
      • Reflecting on the nuances and complexities of their own and others'
      beliefs.
      • Learning more about how the Internet can be used constructively to
      further respectful communication across differences.
      • Providing feedback to help PCP learn more about how to translate our
      work effectivelyinto an online format.

      If you are interested in participating, please go to
      www.redblueus.org to sign up. Once you have signed up, Molly Campbell
      at RedBlue will be in touch by e-mail to begin the process. If you
      know of others who would be interested in participating, please feel
      pass this invitation along. For more information, they can also
      contact me directly at djoseph@publicconversations.org.
      =