Re: Did RLC endorse the Property Rights initiatives, as well?

  • Philip Blumel
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 10, 2006
      Yes, subject to a quick review. I attended at property rights
      conference recently put on by the James Madison Institute in which a
      lawyer from Pacific Legal was saying that a couple of the Kelo
      limited version of Kelo-style powers. So, we endorsed in a blanket
      fashion all the Kelo response referenda subject to the Castle
      Coalition's review. That is, we are going to ask the Castle Coalition
      if there are any referenda we should exclude from our blanket
      endorsement. The announcement will be made shortly.

      By the way, at the JMI property rights meeting, Carol Saviak of the
      Property Rights Coalition, who led the legislative fight for a tough
      Kelo response, specifically thanked the RLC in front of the whole
      gathering for their role in getting it passed.

      It was good PR, as many of the people gathered were members or
      otherwise familiar with the RLC and this was a good testimonial to our
      efficacy.

      -- Philip Blumel

      --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Dondero Rittberg"
      <ericdondero@...> wrote:

      > I read in Bill Westmiller's report on the endorsement of the
      Spending
      > Limits proposals. Excellent!
      >
      > Were the Property Rights/Against Eminent also endorsed?

    • Eric Dondero Rittberg
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 11, 2006
        Excellent Phil, as always. Great job!

        Hey, just saw some poll numbers that suggested Katherine is gaining a
        bit of steam in Florida, now at 38% to Nelson's 55%. Still way
        behind, but somewhat encouraging. Also showed Crist way out ahead by
        like 19 points.

        Could this cause a downticket tsunami for the GOP in Florida?

        Maybe even carry our friend Negron to Congress? How about
        Katherine's Congressional seat?

        --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, "Philip Blumel" <pblumel@...>