Re: idea for RLC press

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 8, 2006
      Mr. Redlich,

      With all due respect I do NOT want an official endorsement from any
      member of the Republican party.

      What I do want - and what the PEOPLE demand is real debate!

      Please inform your party leaders that we would be happy to accept an
      invitation to planned activites in Springfield on 10/23 and/or Chicago
      on 10/26.

      Mark McCoy has openly challenged any and all candidates to a real
      debate on issues. Any time, any place, any format.

      Mark McCoy has also pledged to NOT accept one dime of state money
      after his term has ended. Mark McCoy does not view public servitude as
      a winning lottery ticket that entitles you to a lifetime of pensions
      and benefits paid for by the SOVEREIGN PEOPLE of ILLINOIS.

      Mark McCoy is THE Metro-East candidate for Illinois governor. Mark
      McCoy is not afraid to talk about real issues in ILLINOIS - such as
      the Gateway Bridge, the Mid-America Airport, Medical Malpractice
      concerns, and many more.

      I hereby challenge the RLC to act on your principles - and help
      promote a change in the dialogue.

      Today is your chance to make a difference.

      Today is the day you trade Apathy for Activism.

      Today is the day that you help usher in the dawn of a new era of
      FREEDOM in ILLINOIS.

      WE the SOVEREIGN PEOPLE of ILLINOIS demand this, and expect nothing less.

      Steve Hellin
      Chairman, Co-Founder, and Campaign Manager of the Committee to Elect
      Libertarian Mark McCoy Governor of Illinois

      Please see the official campaign site at www.markmccoy.com
      Please direct any and all inquiries to campaign manager Steve Hellin
      via steve@...
      Se puede mandar preguntas en Espanol a Steve Hellin steve@...

      "Life through love; freedom through revolt; truth through knowledge;
      peace through struggle; prosperity through respect." – Mark McCoy

      http://www.republicanliberty.org/candid/c_look.asp?LYear=2006&LPos=ANY&LState=IL

      > Lists the endorsed candidates in Illinois for 2006.
      >
      > As a Republican Group, the RLC cannot endorse a Libertarian in a
      race when
      > a Republican is on the ballot.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Steve Redlich
      > RLC Webmaster

    • Steve Redlich
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 8, 2006
        On Sun, 8 Oct 2006, Steve wrote:

        > With all due respect I do NOT want an official endorsement from any
        > member of the Republican party.

        None offered. You asked about whether the RLC had endorsed your
        candidates opponent. I gave you the link to find out about RLC
        endorsements in Illinois.

        > What I do want - and what the PEOPLE demand is real debate!

        Agreed. However, this is not that forum.

        > Please inform your party leaders that we would be happy to accept an
        > invitation to planned activites in Springfield on 10/23 and/or Chicago
        > on 10/26.

        I sincerely doubt "party leaders" have an any interest in anything I
        say. Especially since I'm not an Illinois resident.

        > Mark McCoy has openly challenged any and all candidates to a real
        > debate on issues. Any time, any place, any format.

        The Illinois RLC yahoo group may be found here:

        and may have members more able to help your candidate.

        Good Luck,
        Steve Redlich
        RLC Webmaster
      • Steve
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 8, 2006
          Thanks Steve... I appreciate you passing me on to the IL group.

          Good luck with the rest of your activities before election day.

          Steve