Re: idea for RLC press

  • Steve Hellin
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 7, 2006
      Is the RLC endorsing Baar-Topinka in IL?  I would hope not - and assuming this is the case, I encourage you to learn more about the Libertarian candidate Mark McCoy.

      www.whoismarkmccoy.com is a good place to start.

      Click on Campaign HQ to learn more about how to get involved - and help remove Blago from power.

      Thanks !

      Steve

      --
      MySig

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Steve Hellin

      Chairman, Co-Founder, and Campaign Manager of the Committee to Elect Libertarian Mark McCoy Governor of Illinois

      Please see the official campaign site at Mark McCoy for Illinois Governor 2006

      Please direct any and all inquiries to campaign manager Steve Hellin via steve@...

      Se puede mandar preguntas en Espanol a Steve Hellin steve@...

       “Life through love; freedom through revolt; truth through knowledge; peace through struggle; prosperity through respect.” – Mark McCoy

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    • Steve Redlich
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 7, 2006
        On Sat, 7 Oct 2006, Steve Hellin wrote:

        > Is the RLC endorsing Baar-Topinka in IL?  I would hope not - and assuming
        > this is the case, I encourage you to learn more about the Libertarian
        > candidate Mark McCoy.

        Steve,

        http://www.republicanliberty.org/candid/c_look.asp?LYear=2006&LPos=ANY&LState=IL

        Lists the endorsed candidates in Illinois for 2006.

        As a Republican Group, the RLC cannot endorse a Libertarian in a race when
        a Republican is on the ballot.

        Thanks,
        Steve Redlich
        RLC Webmaster
      • Steve
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 8, 2006
          Mr. Redlich,

          With all due respect I do NOT want an official endorsement from any
          member of the Republican party.

          What I do want - and what the PEOPLE demand is real debate!

          Please inform your party leaders that we would be happy to accept an
          invitation to planned activites in Springfield on 10/23 and/or Chicago
          on 10/26.

          Mark McCoy has openly challenged any and all candidates to a real
          debate on issues. Any time, any place, any format.

          Mark McCoy has also pledged to NOT accept one dime of state money
          after his term has ended. Mark McCoy does not view public servitude as
          a winning lottery ticket that entitles you to a lifetime of pensions
          and benefits paid for by the SOVEREIGN PEOPLE of ILLINOIS.

          Mark McCoy is THE Metro-East candidate for Illinois governor. Mark
          McCoy is not afraid to talk about real issues in ILLINOIS - such as
          the Gateway Bridge, the Mid-America Airport, Medical Malpractice
          concerns, and many more.

          I hereby challenge the RLC to act on your principles - and help
          promote a change in the dialogue.

          Today is your chance to make a difference.

          Today is the day you trade Apathy for Activism.

          Today is the day that you help usher in the dawn of a new era of
          FREEDOM in ILLINOIS.

          WE the SOVEREIGN PEOPLE of ILLINOIS demand this, and expect nothing less.

          Please see the official campaign site at www.markmccoy.com

          --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, Steve Redlich <rlc@...> wrote:

          > On Sat, 7 Oct 2006, Steve Hellin wrote:
          >
          > > Is the RLC endorsing Baar-Topinka in IL? I would hope not - and
          assuming
          > > this is the case, I encourage you to learn more about the Libertarian
          > > candidate Mark McCoy.
          >
          > Steve,

          http://www.republicanliberty.org/candid/c_look.asp?LYear=2006&LPos=ANY&LState=IL

          > Lists the endorsed candidates in Illinois for 2006.
          >
          > As a Republican Group, the RLC cannot endorse a Libertarian in a
          race when
          > a Republican is on the ballot.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Steve Redlich
          > RLC Webmaster

        • Steve Redlich
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 8, 2006
            On Sun, 8 Oct 2006, Steve wrote:

            > With all due respect I do NOT want an official endorsement from any
            > member of the Republican party.

            None offered. You asked about whether the RLC had endorsed your
            candidates opponent. I gave you the link to find out about RLC
            endorsements in Illinois.

            > What I do want - and what the PEOPLE demand is real debate!

            Agreed. However, this is not that forum.

            > Please inform your party leaders that we would be happy to accept an
            > invitation to planned activites in Springfield on 10/23 and/or Chicago
            > on 10/26.

            I sincerely doubt "party leaders" have an any interest in anything I
            say. Especially since I'm not an Illinois resident.

            > Mark McCoy has openly challenged any and all candidates to a real
            > debate on issues. Any time, any place, any format.

            The Illinois RLC yahoo group may be found here:

            and may have members more able to help your candidate.

            Good Luck,
            Steve Redlich
            RLC Webmaster
          • Steve
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 8, 2006
              Thanks Steve... I appreciate you passing me on to the IL group.

              Good luck with the rest of your activities before election day.