Re: [RLC-Action] re: idea for RLC press

  • DJ Entropy
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 6, 2006
      On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 14:50:17 -0400, <westmiller@...> wrote:

      > Folks,
      > I've got an idea! Let's fly all the RLC officers to
      > Washington for a News Conference at the DC
      > Press Club! ;o)
      > Not to be too facetious, ideas are keen but
      > action counts. If you think we should issue a
      > news release condemning Foley or calling for
      > Hastert's resignation: WRITE IT. I'll be happy
      > to pass along the proposal to the Board.

      Why would anyone call for Hastert's resignation?

      --
      ----------
      DJ Entropy

      "It's important to promote a culture of life." - President George W. Bush
      "Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants."
      --William Penn
      "Always stand on principle even if you stand alone." - John Adams
    • Adam J. Bernay
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 6, 2006
        Because he knew about this Foley business and did nothing about it, DJ.

        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 6, 2006
          You're right. We shouldn't. However, I believe the thrust of this thread was
          to discuss what we could do in support of our preferred alternative(s) *if*
          Hastert should be forced out. Further, I believe Hastert had been committed to
          relinquish the office soon anyway, so any efforts along these lines would not be
          wasted even if Hastert does not resign early.

          Personally, I think the discussion is a bit premature until Congress's short
          list of leadership candidates is known.

          Jeff Palmer

          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 6, 2006
            On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 16:18:42 -0400, Adam J. Bernay
            <Republican-Liberty@...> wrote:

            > Because he knew about this Foley business and did nothing about it, DJ.

            Really? Do you have any proof of that? No one does.

            --
            ----------
            DJ Entropy
            America's #1 Hardcore DJ/producer
            http://www.djentropy.com
            http://livejournal.com/users/djentropy
            http://www.myspace.com/djentropy

            "It's important to promote a culture of life." - President George W. Bush
            "Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants."
            --William Penn
            "Always stand on principle even if you stand alone." - John Adams
          • DeWalt Alderman
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 6, 2006
              Agreed, DJ...

              > On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 16:18:42 -0400, Adam J. Bernay
              > <Republican-Liberty@...> wrote:
              >
              >> Because he knew about this Foley business and did nothing about it, DJ.
              >

              > Really? Do you have any proof of that? No one does.

            • Adam J. Bernay
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 6, 2006
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 6, 2006
                  This thread is straying from the purpose of "RLC-Action". Bill has recommended
                  that if anyone has a specific written statement they'd like to put forth, they
                  submit it to the Board for consideration. Otherwise, let's take this
                  conversation to RLC-Discuss. Thanks.

                  Jeff Palmer
                  Moderator

                  Quoting "Adam J. Bernay" <Republican-Liberty@...>:

> [...]
                • Steve Hellin
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 7, 2006
                    Is the RLC endorsing Baar-Topinka in IL?  I would hope not - and assuming this is the case, I encourage you to learn more about the Libertarian candidate Mark McCoy.

                    www.whoismarkmccoy.com is a good place to start.

                    Click on Campaign HQ to learn more about how to get involved - and help remove Blago from power.

                    Thanks !

                    Steve

                    --
                    MySig

                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                    Steve Hellin

                    Chairman, Co-Founder, and Campaign Manager of the Committee to Elect Libertarian Mark McCoy Governor of Illinois

                    Please see the official campaign site at Mark McCoy for Illinois Governor 2006

                    Please direct any and all inquiries to campaign manager Steve Hellin via steve@...

                    Se puede mandar preguntas en Espanol a Steve Hellin steve@...

                     “Life through love; freedom through revolt; truth through knowledge; peace through struggle; prosperity through respect.” – Mark McCoy

                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                  • Steve Redlich
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 7, 2006
                      On Sat, 7 Oct 2006, Steve Hellin wrote:

                      > Is the RLC endorsing Baar-Topinka in IL?  I would hope not - and assuming
                      > this is the case, I encourage you to learn more about the Libertarian
                      > candidate Mark McCoy.

                      Steve,

                      http://www.republicanliberty.org/candid/c_look.asp?LYear=2006&LPos=ANY&LState=IL

                      Lists the endorsed candidates in Illinois for 2006.

                      As a Republican Group, the RLC cannot endorse a Libertarian in a race when
                      a Republican is on the ballot.

                      Thanks,
                      Steve Redlich
                      RLC Webmaster
                    • Steve
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 8, 2006
                        Mr. Redlich,

                        With all due respect I do NOT want an official endorsement from any
                        member of the Republican party.

                        What I do want - and what the PEOPLE demand is real debate!

                        Please inform your party leaders that we would be happy to accept an
                        invitation to planned activites in Springfield on 10/23 and/or Chicago
                        on 10/26.

                        Mark McCoy has openly challenged any and all candidates to a real
                        debate on issues. Any time, any place, any format.

                        Mark McCoy has also pledged to NOT accept one dime of state money
                        after his term has ended. Mark McCoy does not view public servitude as
                        a winning lottery ticket that entitles you to a lifetime of pensions
                        and benefits paid for by the SOVEREIGN PEOPLE of ILLINOIS.

                        Mark McCoy is THE Metro-East candidate for Illinois governor. Mark
                        McCoy is not afraid to talk about real issues in ILLINOIS - such as
                        the Gateway Bridge, the Mid-America Airport, Medical Malpractice
                        concerns, and many more.

                        I hereby challenge the RLC to act on your principles - and help
                        promote a change in the dialogue.

                        Today is your chance to make a difference.

                        Today is the day you trade Apathy for Activism.

                        Today is the day that you help usher in the dawn of a new era of
                        FREEDOM in ILLINOIS.

                        WE the SOVEREIGN PEOPLE of ILLINOIS demand this, and expect nothing less.

                        Please see the official campaign site at www.markmccoy.com

                        --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, Steve Redlich <rlc@...> wrote:

                        > On Sat, 7 Oct 2006, Steve Hellin wrote:
                        >
                        > > Is the RLC endorsing Baar-Topinka in IL? I would hope not - and
                        assuming
                        > > this is the case, I encourage you to learn more about the Libertarian
                        > > candidate Mark McCoy.
                        >
                        > Steve,

                        http://www.republicanliberty.org/candid/c_look.asp?LYear=2006&LPos=ANY&LState=IL

                        > Lists the endorsed candidates in Illinois for 2006.
                        >
                        > As a Republican Group, the RLC cannot endorse a Libertarian in a
                        race when
                        > a Republican is on the ballot.
                        >
                        > Thanks,
                        > Steve Redlich
                        > RLC Webmaster

                      • Steve Redlich
                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 8, 2006
                          On Sun, 8 Oct 2006, Steve wrote:

                          > With all due respect I do NOT want an official endorsement from any
                          > member of the Republican party.

                          None offered. You asked about whether the RLC had endorsed your
                          candidates opponent. I gave you the link to find out about RLC
                          endorsements in Illinois.

                          > What I do want - and what the PEOPLE demand is real debate!

                          Agreed. However, this is not that forum.

                          > Please inform your party leaders that we would be happy to accept an
                          > invitation to planned activites in Springfield on 10/23 and/or Chicago
                          > on 10/26.

                          I sincerely doubt "party leaders" have an any interest in anything I
                          say. Especially since I'm not an Illinois resident.

                          > Mark McCoy has openly challenged any and all candidates to a real
                          > debate on issues. Any time, any place, any format.

                          The Illinois RLC yahoo group may be found here:

                          and may have members more able to help your candidate.

                          Good Luck,
                          Steve Redlich
                          RLC Webmaster
                        • Steve
                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 8, 2006
                            Thanks Steve... I appreciate you passing me on to the IL group.

                            Good luck with the rest of your activities before election day.