idea for RLC press release

  • AULibertarians@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2006
      This is just an idea--don't jump me for it.

      I think Republicans are currently having an internal debate about
      the House leadership.  Wouldn't it be appropriate for a caucus
      organization such as ours to chime in?

      I would like to see new House leadership, with the resignation
      and replacement of Speaker Hastert and Tom Reynolds.  I think
      Boehner may be too 'new' to throw out.

      Does anyone have a take on this?  I don't want to start a massive
      debate that detracts us from other goals.  I just think making our
      voice heard may get some coverage given the status of the 'Foley
      Scandal'.

      Sincerely,
      ... Aaron

      Director of Chapter Development,
      Republican Liberty Caucus USA
      www.RLC.org

      "Those who have been once intoxicated with power and have derived any
      kind of emolument from it can never willingly abandon it."--Edmund Burke
    • Adam J. Bernay
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2006

        But who in the world could we possibly recommend that would a) be palatable to our ideals and b) actually has a shot at getting elected?

      • jonhenke@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 5, 2006
          I can think of one person, though I'm far from sure he'd want the position right now. Mike Pence.

          In fact, if I had my druthers, I'd LOVE to work for a Mike Pence Senate run at some point down the road. Guys like him and Shadegg, while far from perfect, are good banner carriers for limited government in the GOP.

          --
          --Jon Henke--
          http://www.qando.net

          From: "Adam J. Bernay" <Republican-Liberty@...>