A victory for Sunshine!

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 7, 2006
      The RLC was among dozens of organizations to
      sign a National Taxpayers Union letter urging Senators
      to pass a "spending sunshine" bill ... which was adopted
      unanimously by the Senate today, even including two
      Senators who had put anonymous 'holds' on the bill.

      (R-OK) ...

      http://www.ntu.org/main/letters_detail.php?letter_id=446
    • rlcmcallen
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 8, 2006
        SPEAKING OF SUNSHINE,

        I was just googling around and came across evidence that Google is
        indexing the messages of this group. In fact I clicked on the link and
        a page of posts came up, from which I was able to access all posts
        without being signed in to Google. Only when I decided to reply here
        was I required to sign in.

        Even as a members-only board, it is openly accessable to be read by
        anybody. I write this to remind anyone that this is in no sense a
        private forum, except for the ability to post. Maybe there are
        options that would include Google not indexing these pages or
        requiring that one be a member to view them, but for now at least,
        don't expect what happens in RLC Action to stay in RLC Action.

        --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, westmiller@... wrote:

        > The RLC was among dozens of organizations to
        > sign a National Taxpayers Union letter urging Senators
        > to pass a "spending sunshine" bill ... which was adopted
        > unanimously by the Senate today, even including two
        > Senators who had put anonymous 'holds' on the bill.
        >
        > Bill
        Tom Coburn