Re: Your Invitation: 2nd Annual "Common Ground" Meeting

  • Guy McLendon
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2006

      Philip,

      Yea … sorry about that.  After I became chair of Harris County Libertarian Party and Vice-Chairman of the LP National Platform Committee, I think my RLC membership grade went down to being a sub-member.  So, I couldn’t vote if I went.  How many total attendees do you expect yall will attract?

      Also, I’m very disappointed that RLC of Texas refuses to endorse Bob Smither, and is apparently still sitting on the fence.  If RLC can’t endorse an obviously deserving LP candidate when your bylaws would permit it, then it’s gonna be difficult or impossible to propagate a broad program for LP folks to stand down when RLC has a worthy champion.  Developing such a broad program was the main thrust in my efforts as your “RLC National Liaison”.

      On a personal basis, Texas statewide land commissioner Jerry Patterson endorsed Bob, and I understand Jerry has a libertarian philosophy.  During the next LP of Texas State Convention, I plan to support NOTA in LP convention if Jerry is running again for that office … I try to help friends when I can.

      Sincerely,

      Guy McLendon

      Chair Harris County

      Houston, Texas

      ~

      Posted by: " Philip Blumel " pblumel@...   pblumel

      Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:06 pm (PST)

      I'll take it this means you won't be at the RLC national convention
      Sept. 15-17 in Orlando ...

      Philip Blumel
      www.rlcfl.org