RLC presence at CPAC 2007!!

  • AULibertarians@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2006
      CPAC 2007 -- A GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR RLC OUTREACH !!!

      I attended CPAC 2006.  It was filled to the brim with neo-con warmongers
      and religious right evangelicals.  As someone who does not fit either
      category, you can imagine how I felt.  Probably about the same as when
      I used to attend the NCOR - National Conference on Organized Resistance,
      a national communist meeting, at my alum American University.

      2007 is a great time to have RLC presence at the CPAC.  Additionally,
      we need to push libertarian-leaning students we know to request freedom-
      oriented speakers, such as:

      * Bob Barr (attended last year and challenged the Patriot Act!)
      * Bruce Bartlett
      * Judge Jim Gray
      * Paul Jacob
      * Penn Jillette
      * Reginald Jones
      * Rob Kampia (attended last year AND spoke on drug reform)
      * Deroy Murdock
      * Eric O'Keefe
      * U.S. Rep. Ron Paul
      * Tom Sellick
      * Vernon Smith
      * Christina Hoff Sommers
      * John Stossel
      * Ed Thompson
      * Charlotte Twight
      * John Wenders
      * and others!

      PLEASE JOIN THE CPAC 2007 GROUP ON FACEBOOK.  Post on the
      message board requesting quality speakers and substantive debate.  I
      have already requested that there is a PUBLIC DISCOURSE on the War
      in Iraq with views of BOTH SIDES presented.

      RLC CPAC TO-DO LIST

      1) Find several people (3?) willing and able to set up/operate the RLC booth.
          Young people are PREFERRED.  Please e-mail me if interested.
      2) Use the discussion boards. CPAC wants to hear from students. Who do
          you want to see at CPAC 2007?

      UNTIL NOV. 17, students can register and attend CPAC 2007 for $15. After
      Nov. 17, it's $25.

      REGISTER HERE: http://www.cpac.org/

      HOTEL DISCOUNT FOR STUDENTS: http://www.cpac.org/hoteltravel.asp

      PAID INTERNSHIPS AVAILABLE (fall, spring, or summer): contact
      Elizabeth at emoody@...

      CONFIRMED SPEAKERS: Ann Coulter, Sen. Bill Frist, Michelle Malkin,
      David Keene, Gov. Mike Huckabee

      CPAC DETAILS:
      March 1-3, 2007.
      Omni Shoreham.