LP Convention Overview

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5 2:11 PM
          The Libertarian Party held it's National Convention
      in Portland, Oregon this past weekend. About 279 of
      attending delegates [818 certified] elected Bill Redpath
      of Virginia as Chairman and removed or replaced most
      the party platform planks.
          The "Libertarian Reform Caucus" appears to have
      accomplished most of its objective to moderate the
      LP platform, which is not yet available on-line. Some
      reports indicate that 2/3 of the 62 planks were either
      deleted or consolidated.

      http://www.lp.org/yourturn/
      http://reformthelp.org/platform/reports/pop.php
      http://www.freeliberal.com/archives/002156.html

      Bill

    • AULibertarians@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 5 2:22 PM
        The focus, clearly, as usual, was not electing candidates to public office -- but, rather, debating the platform.

        The LP is hardly running any candidates in 2006 and states like Massachusetts and Wisconsin had a combined total of about six delegates attend the convention.  Ouch.

        Sincerely,
        ... Aaron

        Director of Chapter Development,
        Republican Liberty Caucus USA
        www.RLC.org

        "There is a significant difference between genuine liberty and
        moral fascism. Barry Goldwater understood this; Tom Delay
        does not." Join the Republican LIBERTY Caucus today!
      • Kevin Boyd
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 5 7:59 PM
          I think we need to wait and see until a copy of the new platform
          emerges before we decide what we're going to do.

          Kevin Boyd
          RLC Louisiana