RE: [RLC-Action] Re: RNC Seeks Money, Not Advice From Grassroots

  • Adam J. Bernay
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 24, 2006
      Yet more proof that there are people on these lists who get their “news”
      exclusively from the mainstream media, which lies about that which they
      don’t like.

      First off, Joe Wilson was not an ambassador. Virtually his entire career
      was spent as a background admin guy in our embassies, primarily concerned
      with issues like if there was toilet paper was available. Based on being
      left in charge because he was number two in a two-person "diplomatic
      mission" to the Hussein Regime when it invaded Iraq, he has spun a whole lie
      of being an "ambassador."

      Secondly, "the US Government" did not send Wilson to Niger. His wife, a CIA
      official (not a spy), "sent him" -- more to get his unemployed butt out of
      the house for awhile -- on an unpaid trip to scout around. He had no
      ability to discern anything. And the Brits -- from whom we got the
      yellowcake information -- still stands by it.

      Joe Wilson is a total crank.

      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 5 9:30 AM
        Garbage clean up:

        "First off, Joe Wilson was not an ambassador."

        ---Yeah, he was. He was appointed by Bush 41 as an ambassador to Gabon and S�o Tom� and Pr�ncipe.

        "Virtually his entire careerwas spent as a background admin guy in our embassies, primarily concerned with issues like if there was toilet paper was available."

        ----Wilson also helped direct Africa Policy for the Clinton administration's NSA. And he was praised by Bush 41 for standing up to Hussein and helping protect hundreds of US citizens:

        "He was hailed as "truly inspiring" and "courageous" by George H. W. Bush after sheltering more than one hundred Americans at the embassy, despite Saddam Hussein's threats to execute anyone who refused to hand over foreigners. As a result, in 1990, he also became the last American diplomat to meet with Saddam Hussein (Wilson, 2003). When Saddam sent a note to Wilson (along with other embassy heads in Iraq) threatening to execute anyone sheltering foreigners in Iraq, Wilson publicly repudiated the dictator by showing up to a press conference wearing a homemade noose around his neck. Saddam offered a public apology for the diplomatic note."

        http://www.answers.com/topic/joseph-c-wilson

        "Secondly, "the US Government" did not send Wilson to Niger. His wife, a CIA
        official (not a spy), "sent him" -- more to get his unemployed butt out of
        the house for awhile -- on an unpaid trip to scout around."

        ----Wilson's wife suggested his name. She neither "sent him", nor had the authority to "send him". He was sent by CIA authorities.

        There's a lot of problems to be had with Wilson, but you've just made up a story out of thin air.

        --
        --Jon Henke--
        http://www.qando.net