Great progress for RLCMI Chairman/Candidate

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2006
      Hewitt for State Rep
      For Immediate Release
      June 28th 2006

      Opponent Endorses Hewitt in 89th District
      Endorsement Follows Hewitt Landslide in Ottawa GOP Straw Poll

      Grand Haven, MI - Today the Mike Hewitt for State Representative campaign
      announced that Matthew Horist, one of his opponents in the 89th district race,
      has decided to discontinue his campaign and instead is asking his supporters
      to vote for Mike Hewitt for State Representative.

      "I am honored to have Matthew Horist as part of our team to send someone
      with business experience to Lansing" said Mike Hewitt. "Together, we will work
      to eliminate the SBT tax, support the right to life, and defend our second
      amendment rights."

      "It is important that Ottawa County elects a conservative to represent us in
      Lansing," said Matthew Horist. "I have come to the conclusion that the best
      way to ensure that we have conservative representation in Lansing is to ask
      my supporters to vote for Mike Hewitt."

      Mike Hewitt placed a resounding first in the recent Ottawa County GOP straw
      poll with 42% of the vote in an eight person race. Hewitt is the only
      candidate from the Grand Haven area now that Horist has discontinued his campaign.
      The remaining candidates are from the southern portion of the district.

      _www.mike4staterep.com_ (http://www.mike4staterep.com)