Re: [RLC-Action] Digest Number 278

  • TG
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2006
      At 06:36 2006-06-21, Doug Harrison wrote:

      Instead, I continued explaining in a
      calm voice how we grassroots, libertarian Republicans are expecting the
      GOP to return to the core values of the party. I asked her if she's
      collecting comments as well as money this evening, and would she please
      pass my concerns on to the RNC leadership. Finally, she said, "Oh, I
      have another call. I'm sorry," excusing herself from further discussion.
      I've never had a political fund solicitor hang up on me before. I rather
      hope they're getting an earful this evening.

      Inspiring! They may not be paid to listen to such comments, but I'm glad you made the effort anyway.

      Similarly, I got a letter from Wayne LaPierre, asking me, as an NRA Life Member, to buy a "Legacy" discounted life membership. I like your approach--instead of just trashing it, I'll write him a nice letter asking him to steer the NRA away from being, as Vin Suprynowicz calls it, "America's largest gun-control organization," and help real pro-liberty organizations like GOA and JPFO.

      And of course I'll make a note of your comments for when the Republican fundraisers call me...which is often.

      --Terence Geoghegan
      California

      "America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
      --John Quincy Adams, U.S. diplomat & politician (1767-1848)